Tropical cap ex Pz soutache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every DAK collectors nightmare, a sidecap made into a visor cap

Of course speaking in the postwar sense, not this nice field modified sidecap, with added visor an outstanding survivor. Sidecap started tan imo & the original rosa soutache has been removed.

Comment

Hi Mark

Slightly darker under fold down as overall cap is fairly sun faded from wear.

See new pic.

cheers

Mike

Originally posted by NZMark View Post
      Facinating
      The bill appears field made as opposed to taken from another cap, but my eye is drawn to the initial tan colour of the sidecap's body...Does it look darker in the folded turn-down recesses Mike? I wouldn't think it does but worth a look.
      A cap with great character.
      Mark
      NZ
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NZMark View Post
        Facinating
        The bill appears field made as opposed to taken from another cap, but my eye is drawn to the initial tan colour of the sidecap's body...Does it look darker in the folded turn-down recesses Mike? I wouldn't think it does but worth a look.
        A cap with great character.
        Mark
        NZ
        Hi Mark

You can see the original tan color of the cap where the soutache has been removed. Very likely this cap was worn not by a Pz trooper but in fact a PzJg crewman.

Heia Safari !
        Tim

Comment

Thanks Mike,
          That confirms my initial impression. Very Cool Cap
          Mark
          NZ

Comment

Wear on tricolor not close to matching cap

Comment

Really? Looks fine in hand..

Side angle shot.
              Attached Files

Comment

A field mod on little sz 55 side cap.... maybe about a 57 now. Visor cut a bit shallow as they usually extend down the sides to the second grommet but there isnt one obviously. I think its feasible and a decent rendering by a soldier or company tailor. Cockade is a bit of a stumper....?

Robt.

Comment

nothing wrong with cockade....

Comment

The 2nd pattern cockade looks fine to me, I just don't think that the cap has seen as much wear as the sweat/grime stains would have anyone believe. The cap just hasn't been washed, ever, which is why the cockade looks to be in very good condition. Having worn caps in hot, sweaty conditions, I can vouch for how quickly grime builds up from sweat and dust. Lack of fading is key to the lack of wear on this cap as the tan material fades pretty quickly in natural sunlight.

Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark

Makes sound good sense.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X