Tropical M40 #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical M40 #1

I was looking at POSSIBLY buying on of the three hats that I am going to show you.
    I would like a nice tropical hat but haven't the knowledge that other people have, so I have to pick your brains.
    Here are pictures of an tropical artillery M40. I am hoping that I have enough pictures that someone can give a reasonable opinion as to it's originality.
    So, here we go!
    Thanking all in advance.
    Tim
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I don't much like any of them. This one, the "Kubach", has both the wrong under peak stitching for a Kubach and a Munich rather than Frankfurt depot stamp. I'm uncomfortable with the sweatband too. I'd like to see inside it.
            Mike

Comment

We must be very careful not to condemn any good M40 caps based on a data base of only around 300 caps when over a million M40's were produced during the war...

Thanks Tim for the added photos. Would still pass on this one. It's a Hell of a fake, if it is ?
              A 1941 dated M40 cap with a sweatband should raise an eyebrow. The grommets do not appear correct from the photos, nor does the Makers stamp. See post #15 upper pic in this Tropical M40 #3 thread for the grommets inside view...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=935588

Comment

I think sweatbands made their appearance towards the end of ‘41. Would agree somewhat that of the 3 posted this one may warrant the most doubt.

Robt.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

These are not Kubach eyelets
                    Mike

Comment

Thanx for the input.
                      I believe, on the basis of same, that I will take a pass on all three of these!!
                      Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X