Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visor Cap Name tag - Unit ID Help, Bitte...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visor Cap Name tag - Unit ID Help, Bitte...

Can anyone make out the unit below Herr Albert's name? I can read "8 Komp", but the first part is a mystery to me.

As always, many thanks in advance.

Don
    Attached Files

"Rgt 38 or 39"?

Comment

If you take out the tag and look for an indentation perhaps it will be apparent. Or try a black light?

Comment

Good morning Don,

When I got that hat my first thought was that it was Rgt. 39, 8 Komp.

What I thought was strange, and I think we discussed it at MAX, was that Pionier units were organized and assigned at the battalion level (at least as shown in the '39 rank list - which shows nobody named Albert in a Pionier unit. In fact, there was no officer named Albert in any regiment numbered 39).

I don't know if the expansion of the Heer after 1939 caused what were once battalions to be reorganized and expanded to regiments?? What I do know is that Pionier Battailon, and Panzer Pionier Battailon 39 had only Kompanie 1 - 4.

If it turns out that this point takes away from your interest in the hat I'd be happy to take it back for a full refund.

Regards!

Bob

Comment

Not at all, Bob - I suspect he may have been a reservist or was not of a high enough rank to make the '44 Rangeliste. It never hurts to double check, at any rate. I reversed the color in Paint, but it doesn't show much difference - the card is actually a plastic-like material, so there is no indentation to trace:

Don
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X