Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Halfar Caps

Hi Guys

Been a while since I last posted any new additions so I got my Carl Halfar Caps out for a group photo today. The Panzer Grenadier ones are dated 1940, the Rifle Regiment one 1941, Panzer is 1942 and then the last non-soutache one is dated 1943. All of them are used/field worn with the Pz Grenadier ones looking like they saw the most action. As always all comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Barry
    Attached Files

A lovely selection of DAK caps, do you collect strictly by manufacturer or is the Halfar theme simply a coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
      A lovely selection of DAK caps, do you collect strictly by manufacturer or is the Halfar theme simply a coincidence?
      Thanks OSS The Halfar theme is pure coincidence-they seem to find me and I am always on the lookout for caps from the other makers.

Barry

Comment

WOW

Comment

Dak

Outstanding caps Barry
          Thanks for posting
          Mark S

Comment

Just Outstanding Barry

You sure it's just a coincidence ? i think you have a thing for Halfar M40's
            The two Schutzen reseda piped caps from 1940 really jump out at you. Reseda lime green was the official color for Schutzen until the change to Pz Gren in Oct '41. The Schutzen caps would be the ones to show the most wear in normal circumstance. The Schutzen were out in the sun wearing there M40's more than just about any other branch except maybe the PzJg's. Recon & Pz/AFV troops did not wear the caps outdoors as often as the Rifleman. Even the Art spent more time out of the sun than did the DAK grunts.

Thanks for posting your great set.

Heia Safari !
            Tim
            Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 10-03-2017, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Appreciate the comments everyone

Tim I like to think of it as pure luck but maybe I do have a thing for Halfar caps as they seem to find me! Appreciate the breakdown as to which branches saw the most service. I need to work on my photography skills and take some new photos of the individual caps again.

Heia Safari!

Barry

Comment

Comment

Nice group shot.
                  cheers
                  NCO

Comment

Originally posted by NCO View Post
                    Nice group shot.
                    cheers
                    NCO
                    Thanks NCO

Barry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X