No announcement yet.

field made DAK Panzer cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it stands a very good chance of being original. It could also be POW made by a former DAK member. I like these type caps more than the issue ones.

s/f Robert

Comment

I agree with the chance of being POW made. A field made one would have been made by a company tailor, with a portable sewing machine. Being hand stitched would mean the lack of the right equipment, so most probably POW. Anyhow, everything is possible.

Carles

Comment

There is an other one for sale at the Estand ; quite different but "DAK" too, and hand stitched.

Comment

Yes its been languishing there for some time...no takers even though its cheap.

Could this cap have been made during the war ? Always a slight chance of that.
          Without provenance these kind of items are a 50/50 chance at the very best.

When it comes time to sell, best to stick to standard issue items. Field made = fake in most cases....

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
            Many will Poo Poo...think it stands a chance of being PERIOD made...Billbert

I like it. I have a similar type of cap. The insignia was removed on mine but clearly visible where it had been. I'll see if I can find a picture. Jim

Comment

Here is a similar example in my collection. You can see a similarity in the sewing and materials used. If you look closely you can see where the original insignia was sewn on. Jim
              Attached Files

Comment

I like these caps a lot and good judgement brings more to it then only a leap of faith, IMO. If the piping on the subject cap is original added I would not think of it being a POW cap, if there is a shadow of the eagle (like the example shown by Jim), you have your answer as well.

Very nice!

Comment

Thinking Maybe the Pink Piping was stripped off owners shoulder straps..Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X