Help IDing this hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help IDing this hat

I just acquired this hat even though I've never collected headgear (the price was so low I took a chance on it). I did go through a couple of headgear reference books I have but did not find a match. The color is a fairly dark blue with a black band. The piping appears to me to be a burnt orange or brown color and the chin cord is blue. The metal insignia appears to be standard HEER insignia. Any help identifying this hat would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Files

Here's a photo of the interior and one from the side. I can take additional photos if needed.
    Attached Files

Comment

I should have mentioned that the metal insignia prongs are underneath the lining (I.e. They do not come through the lining). Thanks ina davnce for any help.

Comment

Hallo fredswiss

My first impression: an early postwar postal service cap with the addition of false TR badges. Maybe DDR but I can not explain the black band and the rank's degree of the blue chincord. So just an attempt to identify it. I hope someone more experienced in this particular field will intervene.

Best regards

Comment

A friend suggested that this type visor was worn by civilian employees at the Oberkommando des Heeres Bendlerblock building in Berlin. Thoughts?

Comment

I'm not a collector of uniforms of civilian personnel. I remember only that there were three types of visors, at least to my theoretical knowledge:

- drivers wore a visor made of dark grey whipcord fabric; black peak; black band decorated with an oakleaf design; dark grey pipings; black chincords; black buttons; oakleaf wreath and hoheitsabzeichen of the Army pattern.
            - guardians wore a visor made of dark blue fabric; black peak; no chinstrap; red capband and piping; oakleaf wreath and hoheitsabzeichen of the Army pattern.
            - doormen wore a visor made of Navy-blue fabric; black peak; no chinstrap; red capband and piping; oakleaf wreath and hoheitsabzeichen of the Army pattern.

It does not seem to me that your visor falls into one of these descriptions.

Best regards

Comment

Postal

Comment

I agree, postwar postman's cap.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I do believe the insignia is original so I think I will remove it and throw the hat into the junk pile.

Comment

Originally posted by fredswiss View Post
                    Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I do believe the insignia is original so I think I will remove it and throw the hat into the junk pile.
                    I have some doubts about this, at least for the oakleaves' wreath.

Best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X