LW Officer Visor on eStand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW Officer Visor on eStand

This one is not giving me the warm fuzzies - any Luftwaffe Experten care to chime in?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=911625

Don

Well, I am not an Experten, but this maker makings are way off what I saw before, and what my own Pecuro LW visor looks like..yes, I would be very careful..

Comment

Neither am I an expert, however, here are a couple of pics of a Pekuro I used to own as comparison.

Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

You guys are far too modest. For clarity, I am not a fan of the liner, the logo, or the visor itself. It also lacks the advertised Stirndruckfrei system. For an "investment grade quality" cap, and $2500, that's a lot of issues... The seller also has a tropical LW officer's side cap for $3000.

Don

Comment

The price left me gasping for breath on both items, so much that I did not have the strength to express my concern about the visor. J

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
            The price left me gasping for breath on both items, so much that I did not have the strength to express my concern about the visor. J
            Could be that rocky mountain air!

Comment

A good late war one IMO but sooooo overpriced
              for a non "perfect" condition cap also !
              Nick

Comment

Strange that it is a late-war logo w/ a pre-war cockade & a 2-piece visor.
                I have seen some of these late-war Pekkys w/o the stirndruckfrei, even though advertised.

I would like to see a close-up of the edging trim of the visor, and under the hood shots.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Even if it is a good cap, the price is absurd.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

I agree with the other friends.

In my opinion, the late-war Pekuro without sweatshield (not to be confused with the so-called last-ditch one without the inscription of the stirndruckfrei Deutsches Reichspatent) is OK. No doubt about the use of a yellow lining, bearing the logo directly printed on it. But I say: in this case, where is the advertised stirndruckfrei? I would be just curious to see some “under-the-hood“ shots, showing the lining’s ribs, the stiffener and the size marks. Finally, from the available pictures is impossible, at least for me, to speak about the perforations usually in the front side of the sweatband. Consequently

Best regards

Comment

Luftwaffe Officers Service Cap

Hello,
                      I am the person selling the two Luft. officers caps being discussed here. Both caps came from the outstanding Willi Schumacher collection. Willi has had many items featured in books over the years. In fact, the Luft. officers service cap is going to be featured in an upcoming book, by a French publisher. Prior to Willi’s owning the caps, they were both owned by Bill Shea (The Ruptured Duck). Individuals are welcome to make offers on either cap. Thanks Paul

Comment

Paul, please post some photos of the Peküro LW visor with shots under the sweat band and where the visor is sewn to the body of the cap.

Thanks,

Don

Comment

Originally posted by TK GUY View Post
                          Hello,
                          I am the person selling the two Luft. officers caps being discussed here. Both caps came from the outstanding Willi Schumacher collection. Willi has had many items featured in books over the years. In fact, the Luft. officers service cap is going to be featured in an upcoming book, by a French publisher. Prior to Willi’s owning the caps, they were both owned by Bill Shea (The Ruptured Duck). Individuals are welcome to make offers on either cap. Thanks Paul
                          Can you post pics of the tropical cap laying flat, and of how/where the piping is joined?
                          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Additional Photos 1

Hello,

Here are the additional photos you requested.

Thanks,

Paul
                            Attached Files

Comment

additional photos 2

b
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X