Erel summer visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erel summer visor

supposed to come with the box named to the same officer and 2 mint extra covers. problem is I don't care for the name insert (font looks non-period or something) that detail makes me queasy about the hat as a whole. sorry these the only pix. comments welcome, thanks!
    Attached Files

also fwiw the size tag doesn't thrill me, or the erel address and really the whole marking looks 'muddy.'..

Comment

Looks good from these limited photos.
      The hat should have a bullion removable eagle on a white base.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

he says no insignia 'snap removal' provision behind metal eagle, and the extra covers also lack the holes. human error or major red flag, 'stone? thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          Looks good from these limited photos.
          The hat should have a bullion removable eagle on a white base.
          Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

The eagles could have been sewn on, but that is rarely done.

Either way, it should not have a metal eagle.

The white-backed eagles usually have prongs (rarely snaps).
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

What I mean:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

wow great birds - esp. unusual must be the one with brit-style eyelets! (wonder why not just use a pin to go thru 'em instead of the string?)
                ok, anyhow, so you guys say the incorrect non-textbook metal adler should NOT be a deal-breaker, then?
                also, he just contacted me saying there were two slightly ragged holes near the ones for the eagle prongs. questionable? and I hope to have more pix later today…
                the plot thickens; or maybe sickens? cheers

Comment

On my Erel LW white tops (which I don't have anymore), they had 3 finished holes for the prongs to go into. However, maybe they also produced tops that did not have that feature and they were just punched thru the cloth.

Also, I do want to make clear that metal eagles were seen in period photos being worn on officer caps, but very rarely.
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

How much does those removable white eagles sell for. They are quite hard to find? J

Comment

White eagel are around 150 to 200EU worth. Depends on condition, rusty or mint.

Comment

The eagles are not always attached like that. ON my White top it is sewn on...it is a Schelleberg..
                        Attached Files

Comment

I’m guessing they ‘affixed’ the birds by whatever means presented itself with what was in-hand with the idea being that insignia was removable for cleaning the top.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X