"Russia Braid"--Now Available by the Spool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Russia Braid"--Now Available by the Spool

Erich Fritsche (the owner of the Erel name) is selling soutache braid by the spool:

Mountain Troops (looks more like PzG to me):
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

In gold for Generals:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

& several other 'farbes:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Top of spool:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I wonder how many overseas caps will show up at dealer 's sites in the near future with "Original applied" soutache ...
          Let's wait and see .....

Comment

Originally posted by DRK View Post
            I wonder how many overseas caps will show up at dealer 's sites in the near future with "Original applied" soutache ...
            Let's wait and see .....

Comment

First question, what width is it ?

(Only certain widths were used on caps)

Second question, is the "1945" a date ?

(numbers stamped into wooden cotton reels are usually a product number, not a date)

This stuff is more than likely to be post WW2. There are certain ways to tell. The evolution of Russian Braid made in Germany went from Cotton before WW2 to Cotton-blend to Rayon to Rayon-blend to Artificial Silk and even Cellulose-synthetics by 1945. Post war Russian Braid is usually made from Nylon or total synthetics and has a different inner core than the types made during WW2,

Chris

Comment

This Russia Braid was pretty much obsolete after 1942, wasn't it? By 1943 it was no longer on issue headgear, and it was never a regular feature of uniforms, save for the fairly uncommon Russia Braid faced panzer/assualt gunner collar tabs. So, in the end, why was this stuff even manufactured after 1943??

If my remarks are off by much, please let me know. That's why we are here!!

101 Combat Vet -- is the picture you posted part of the braid being offered? If not, it takes away from the focus on the ones under question.

Steve
                ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Sherlock View Post
                  This Russia Braid was pretty much obsolete after 1942, wasn't it? By 1943 it was no longer on issue headgear, and it was never a regular feature of uniforms, save for the fairly uncommon Russia Braid faced panzer/assualt gunner collar tabs. So, in the end, why was this stuff even manufactured after 1943??

Steve
                  They certainly stopped using it as a soutache on WH caps during 1942. However, they continued to use of else where on things like WH officer collar tabs, Officer caps eg KM, Political uniforms and other Paramilitary uniforms right up until the war ended in 1945.

Hence the emphasis on what width is the Russian Braid,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X