Heer Cavalry Officer Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Cavalry Officer Visor

Heer Cavalry Officer Visor for review. Many thanks!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Opinions?
      Attached Files

Comment

Em hat ,skull looks recently added, eagle has been raised?

Comment

Agree!

Comment

Looks like a EM/NCO visor hat with a replaced officer chincord, the eagle has been moved up to make room for the added skull.

Comment

Hallo horsetrainer

Here, in my opinion, the problem of the skull is secondary. No explanation about the fact that the sweatband is detached from the peak (of which I see the nakedness) and about the combination of a contract-type lining for troopers with the superior quality of the visor fabric. Honestly, I am not convinced even about the true color of the pipings. All in all and hoping to be proved wrong, a fake visor to which a sweatband & original lining were added to make it more palatable. Just my opinion of course.

Best regards

Comment

Hello jmcm & richthofen_117,
                Just curious how can you tell that this not an officer's visor but an EM one? Just trying to learn. Many thanks!

Originally posted by jmcm View Post
                Em hat ,skull looks recently added, eagle has been raised?

Comment

Hello enorepap!

Many thanks for the details!

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
                  Hallo horsetrainer

Here, in my opinion, the problem of the skull is secondary. No explanation about the fact that the sweatband is detached from the peak (of which I see the nakedness) and about the combination of a contract-type lining for troopers with the superior quality of the visor fabric. Honestly, I am not convinced even about the true color of the pipings. All in all and hoping to be proved wrong, a fake visor to which a sweatband & original lining were added to make it more palatable. Just my opinion of course.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by horsetrainer View Post
                    Hello jmcm & richthofen_117,
                    Just curious how can you tell that this not an officer's visor but an EM one? Just trying to learn. Many thanks!
                    A big difference between EM and officer's visor hat is the lining. Typically, the fabrics of officer's linings are finer than EM's, they were often made of artificial silk.

The lining of officer's:

The lining of EM's:

Comment

Hello richthofen_117!
                      Many thanks! I learned something new! I kinda figured it had to do with the lining.

Originally posted by richthofen_117 View Post
                      A big difference between EM and officer's visor hat is the lining. Typically, the fabrics of officer's linings are finer than EM's, they were often made of artificial silk.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X