Rare "Sattelform" Breiter Infantry Officer's Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare "Sattelform" Breiter Infantry Officer's Visor

Hi all - I haven't posted in quite a while, but wanted to share this cap. It's a nearly mint infantry officer's cap by Breiter of Munchen, they are one of the few TR cap makers still in business today. http://www.hutbreiter.de/

The cap body is a somewhat uncommon material - its a tightly woven twill. Not quite as fine as italian gabardine, and the weaves are a bit more narrow than the usual gabardine woven caps we typically see. Based on the shape (the extremely high peak and pronounced saddle shape) this is clearly a mid war example - perhaps c. 1942-1943?

If anyone else has examples of Breiter caps, lets see them!
    Attached Files

Close ups of the fabric
    Attached Files

Comment

Label
      Attached Files

Comment

Label (cont.)
        Attached Files

Comment

hat

Please show the interior as well.

Comment

Quick comparison to a pre-war non kleiderkasse Erel Infantry officer's cap.
            Attached Files

Comment

Last ones.
              Attached Files

Comment

Basel, that is a stunner--wartime Breiters had one of the best shapes (and tallest peaks) of the TR era. Congrats--
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                  Basel, that is a stunner--wartime Breiters had one of the best shapes (and tallest peaks) of the TR era. Congrats--

Thanks stonemint- I couldn't find many examples on the forum, but the ones I did see were equally as nice.

I must point out this thread, started by stonemint back in '07 has some great info about Breiter. Member "enorepap" recently posted a great history of the firm. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=225009&page=3

Comment

The Kaufingerstrasse location today
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is an NSDAP visor I once owned that was made by Breiter (and now resides in the collection of a good friend of mine, so I hope he wont mind me posting it):
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Beautiful cap and a great shape . Rob
                        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by BaselA View Post
                          Thanks stonemint- I couldn't find many examples on the forum, but the ones I did see were equally as nice.

I must point out this thread, started by stonemint back in '07 has some great info about Breiter. Member "enorepap" recently posted a great history of the firm. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=225009&page=3
                          Hallo BaselA

A beautiful visor and, of course, thank you very much for your kind words

Marcello

Comment

A very attractive, high quality schirmmuetze, nice one Brian!
                            The textured sweatband is very interesting, don't recall seeing one exactly like that before.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen, and stonemint, that is a very fine example and one can see the design similarities - how many mint orts caps have passed through your hands!?

Originally posted by enorepap
                              Hallo BaselA

A beautiful visor and, of course, thank you very much for your kind words

Marcello
                              You're welcome - always enjoy reading your posts!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X