Pink piped ss nco visor cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink piped ss nco visor cap

Hm...? I am going to post better pics tomorrow, but first I would like to know if the maker logo seem right?
    Piping, look and logo verses Heer/ ss panzer colour piped visors from same maker. As i have figured out, this is a Schellenberg Sonderklasse cap right? Is it real deal?
    Best,
    Gisle
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Im not super familiar with headgear but this looks like the common fakes you find on ebay.

Comment

norge--
        We need under the hood shots.

That sure looks to be the outline of a WH eagle on the peak, and that is not your standard Schelly sweatband.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hallo gisle

I agree with Chris. The whole game is to see if the internal front cardboard presents perforations each other incompatible. It is also necessary that the sweatband would be completely lifted to be able to carefully inspect every stretch of the lining seams. You must also have to ascertain whether the band has been replaced or recolored because it seems to me to see an erratic path of the pipings .Finally, you have to examine with great care the ghosts of the frontal badges on which I have some doubts, that I do not consider to anticipate on the basis of those few images. So, I think that many much more detailed images are needed for tomorrow.

The evolution of the Schelly's sweatshields, sweatbands and linings is carefully explained in this old thread by Nick NTZ and you can begin making your own ratings:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ellenberg+logo

After all, I believe that a considerable financial value is involved in this game... consequently it is your interest that this visor will be examined in the best possible depth.

See you tomorrow.

Comment

Stonemint is absolutely correct about the "ghost impression" of the hat eagle; definitely a Heer design.

Also, looking at the same picture of the hat, if you study the black wool band just below the top piping along the center band, it looks as though on both the left and right side of the band (beginning approximately 3 inches from each of the chinstrap buttons towards the hat's center, and then disappearing from view because of the hat's circular shape) there are repetitive "waves" along the black wool band, with a "wave crest" and corresponding "wave valley" of more or less equi-distance from subsequent "crests" and "waves".

I FULLY REALIZE MY ATTEMPT TO DESCRIBE WHAT MY EYES SEE IS SUPER COMPLEX (& PERHAPS NOT HELPFUL)!

Still, I submit such would suggest a re-badged center band that has been hand-sewn, in a "whip-stitch" manner, since it is not uniform in appearance, which machine-stitching would achieve. Still, this hand-sewn attempt could be a clever attempt to avoid the often 'bulky' look of re-badged center bands that are machine stitched (with said bulkiness often caused by the lack of existing material to attach a new band to since, when originally machine sewn, the 'extra' cloth was cut/trimmed so closely to the existing line of stitching).

Maybe someone with picture-editing capabilities can decipher my above post and incorporate arrows to illustrate the above-mentioned "waves", which if also supported with interior pics, will prove determinative.

Comment

Hallo paris

You are absolutely clear

Marcello

Comment

ENOREPAP WROTE: because it seems to me to see an erratic path of the pipings.

So it seems that two sets of eyes see the same effect!

Comment

Thank you Marcello!

You too are correct, buy you described it such more eloquently AND succinctly!!

Comment

More pics.. (best i could with crappy camera and light condidtions!)
                    Thanks so far. Felt center band is attached on buckram board...not cardboard, behind the upper and lower piping. There are no other band underneath this feltband. Piping is strong pink (even pics seem yellow somethimes/not dyed) Skull in fron was originaly there i took it off (can be seen in another thread discoused) The ss eagle was a fake type i removed also. There are no signs of larger pin holes in buckram for corcade. I can not see any exstra holes in lining cloth, just those who has thread for the attachment. Piping feel correct and also connection area.
                    Take a look at the pics and tell me what you think. Thanks again.
                    Best,
                    Gisle
                    Attached Files

Comment

z
                      Attached Files

Comment

w
                        Attached Files

Comment

ss
                          Attached Files

Comment

as
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by norge; 01-15-2017, 08:17 AM. Reason: pics

Comment

wew
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X