• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRK officer hat

Is this an original hat?
    thanks
    Attached Files

Yes, it is original. However, the lining is typical of EM/NCO visors, not officers (which are rayon-lined). So, the cords may be a wartime promotion, or (more likely) someone put the cords on the hat after the war to try and get more money for it by passing it off as an officer visor.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

thank you for your reply. well the liner is repaired, replaced. it was realy sloppy done so i took it apart to place it right. But if you say it is for NCO hat, then i should try getting another one, the right one. It will never look as it should with this liner.
      Attached Files

Comment

dismantled and ready to be repaired.

The hat came together with documents and urkunden of a DRK-Feldführer

Anybody has a liner which would fit to this hat?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hallo germanmedals

Given that everyone is free to do what he pleases with his own stuff ... but, what you did ... did you dismantle it ?

Comment

Yeah the glue was holding only in the middle part and some on one side and the liner was placed too into inside. The only reasonable thing was to place it right.

I got a comment that the liner is the right one for this hat. So any more opinions,...is it the right one or not?

Comment

Originally posted by germanmedals View Post
              Yeah the glue was holding only in the middle part and some on one side and the liner was placed too into inside. The only reasonable thing was to place it right.

I got a comment that the liner is the right one for this hat. So any more opinions,...is it the right one or not?
              Now I understand your decision.

If I remember well DRK-Feldführer was treated as a Major.

So a unusual poor lining for a level assimilated to a field officer but, in my humble opinion, not absolutely unacceptable.

It would be interesting to see, given the fact that you say the peak had been glued, what's the way of the lining's stitching, trying to see if it has been manipulated or not.

Best regards

Comment

I looked better at the last image (no. 4) and now I see that the lining has no seams (at least in the top visible part where you have also removed the sweatband). At this point, visor and glued lining, it makes me think of a very clumsy restoration

By the way, what happened to the eagle?

Comment

Visor sewing is the sickness of the Schirmmütze ...so many caps found with separate visors ( or even lost ) and eventually badly restored by the owner during the 70's for example !
                  Glued,badly sewn to put the visor in position again .
                  Not a collector restoration but a veteran put back in position !
                  Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X