X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer visor, maker: Marke standard

Hi.

I need your help.

What is your opinium about this well worn visor. The maker is Marke standard, and i have never heard of this maker. Have you?

Thanks.

Regards Brian

r241.jpg

r241a.jpg

[ATTACH]3731319[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3731320[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3731327[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3731328[/ATTACH]

Comment

Brian, I am not a fan of the plastic sweat shield.

Don

Comment

Hallo Brian

This is the second Marke Standard in red I've seen so far. The first (post 34):

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ard+red&page=3

Please, can you check if the writing Marke Standard " is also embossed on the sweatband?

Moreover, I see, like Don, a soft sweatshield and, on the contrary of the very original production, a complete stirndruckfrei and a lining that lacks the typical ribbings.

However I do not condemn it right away, unless it is proved that it is a modified and artificially aged Janke.

Best regards

Comment

Marcello I think is printed on the liner
            Carlo

Comment

I'm not a fan either : strange lining construction , plastic shield , semi modern leather band ...
              Not a Janke but an old repro for me !
              Nick

Comment

Thank you for your answer.

The seller has sold it, so it doesent matter now.

But Thanks Again.

Regards Brian

Comment

Ciao Carlo

Yes, the logo is printed on the lining and, as we can see from the link, this design (in different colors, see post 79) have been created and used even prior to the TR period (and even after, see post 82). But, actually, it seems to me also that the sweatshield is plastic and not celluloid-made.

Here we have finally the brother of the visor of the link (which was an artillery one, posted by JT) but this time the images are larger and sharper, so we can be able to judge this particular logo once and for all. Honestly I do not find outside particular flaws and it is possible, by looking at the only other available sample, that Herr Kornacker would use the full stirndruckfrei and not the half-moon, nor the rear fold pleats of the lining on this production line (no Extra Klasse). Also, I do not see two main characteristics of the Jankes: the reed attachment sweatband and the plain peak's underside ... and this is a good thing

For these reasons I think that it may have a chance, but we must be very cautious.

Your friend

Marcello

Comment

Originally posted by hui01 View Post
                    Thank you for your answer.

The seller has sold it, so it doesent matter now.

But Thanks Again.

Regards Brian
                    Hallo Brian

I'm sorry, but I disagree. I do not want to appear rude, but I think that this forum is not only a sort of advice for those who want to buy items from sellers. For this purpose, the same vendors, who claim that their items (sold at high prices) are all absolutely authentic, are sufficient. All I really know of this matter, I owe it to this forum and to a small group of friends (some of which in the course of these last ten years have gone on or have undertaken other roads) willing to share publicly and freely their deep knowledge. Just my thought that of course is not necessarily shared by all.

Best regards

Marcello

Comment

I am not a fan--hat lacks all the standard Kornacker characteristics.
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

hi Marcello.

Im Sorry if i sounded ungreatful. I was not mening to.

I relly appriciate The help i get on waf and members taking time to help me.

Regards Brian

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
                        Hallo Brian

I'm sorry, but I disagree. I do not want to appear rude, but I think that this forum is not only a sort of advice for those who want to buy items from sellers. For this purpose, the same vendors, who claim that their items (sold at high prices) are all absolutely authentic, are sufficient. All I really know of this matter, I owe it to this forum and to a small group of friends (some of which in the course of these last ten years have gone on or have undertaken other roads) willing to share publicly and freely their deep knowledge. Just my thought that of course is not necessarily shared by all.

Best regards

Marcello

Comment

No problem Brian

You have thanked twice in your previous speech and then you have already shown your good qualities.

Although I had no intention to offend anyone, but only to explain my point of view.

With sincere friendship

Marcello

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X