Another Marine ZOLL for discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Marine ZOLL for discussion

Do I dear .... I suppose the forum is made for this :-)

I feel comfortable with this one .... but before to post on e-stand ...

yes or No .... ????? :-)

Marc
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

;
      Attached Files

Comment

Only one piping on the top ? Instead of 2 or 3 ?
        Not really dark Navy blue also ?
        IMO a private cap of something made as customs ...
        Nick

Comment

Hallo Marc

First wasserdicht lining from Isken I see with the indication of a stirndruckfrei patent, but where the stirndruckfrei is?

The embroidered wreath is beautiful but roughly restitched

Comment

Pictures where taken at noon in full sunlight, even a black SS cap will look bleu ...
            The cap is Navy bleu, See next picture.

This is not a private cap with such markings in it ...

The stitches are not roughly re stitched but nicely professionally applied. By hand, not machine.

Any pictures or regulations on the piping questions ??
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

;;;
                Attached Files

Comment

Stamps are military . 1937 II BA ???
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hallo Marc

I see a sb from a Viennese provider. I'm not able to translate the full name: Josef ...? but Zieglergasse is still currently a street in Vienna. On the sb I see also some other stamps which are clearly Austrians made. Perhaps a reused sb or Isken supplied itself in Vienna. I can not know this because I was not born yet at that time ...

Comment

Josef Haidinger's Soehne
                      Mag III/1 Zieglerstrasse 36
                      ??

Comment

.osepf ? Heidieger & Sh... ?

Ok, now that we all ( ?? ) agree the cap is a real (Military or official ) 1937 cap .
                        See the BA (bekleidugs Ambt) markings and the date .

Is it a original mounted Wasser Zoll Cap ?

Marc

Comment

Haidinger

Here from the address books of Wien.
                          The company is listed since 1922 (I have not checked before) but last listing in 1940. No more 1941 and later.

The made leather ware and other stuff...so good for the sweatband.

The address is different.

But I do read the second stamp as "Mag", which stands for "Magazin" ...a store location.

Regards
                          Christian
                          Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations to member compressore who identified the supplier.

Only a logical deduction: the writing is Wien III (district). The 1923 Wien Adressbuch confirms the same address of 1940, Westbahnstr. 9:
                            http://www.digital.wienbibliothek.at...ageview/172407
                            The same for 1930:
                            http://www.digital.wienbibliothek.at...ageview/196504
                            The same for 1935:
                            http://www.digital.wienbibliothek.at...ageview/196504
                            It still does not prove anything because maybe Herr Haidinger had a branch in Zieglergasse not registered on the adressbucher.

I think we need to focus now on the Austrian stamps of acceptance, which seem to me clearly of military origin (or otherwise of paramilitary organizations) and therefore this could mean that the sb has been used before the Anschluss. I am not a collector of the First Austrian Republic objects and so I can only say that I see a two-headed republican eagle, a writing on two lines FV (Finanzverwaltung perhaps?) and II B.A. (maybe 2nd Bekleidungs ​​Amt?) and a compatible year. In this case I would think we have a sb used on a visor for Customs personnel on control duty on the Danube (Austria not having a port on the sea), then incorporated into the German Customs and then with modified badges. But I do know anything about the uniforms of the Austrian Customs and it remains to explain the opposite problem, ie the lining of German origin (Isken of Cologne).

This is the maximum assessment which I can push myself and I hope that some other friend intervenes, more experienced than me in customs' matters.

Best regards

Comment

IMO the Austrian made and government accepted sweatband has been replaced on this cap ...
                              when ? This is the question and why ?
                              I don't see Isken sewing a sweatband period so crudely ?
                              I don't see Isken making caps for the Austrian government in 1927 as we already have so many Austrian manufacturers existing at that time ?
                              Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X