Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post

Are you sure its orginal?

Well if it is not,then it is time to retire from the hobby..

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
      Here is an earlier stamp in my "Almi" bergmutze.

Glenn
      Lovely single grommet
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Its a size 57 Glenn.

Comment

Its a size 57 Glenn.

Haha, I can only guess that's a dig at me. I guess you don't understand there is no problem with size '57' caps but only fake caps that all appear with the same marking? Just curious where anyone said all size '57' caps are fake, I must have missed that

Cheers,
          -Steve

Comment

Steve, you're going to get a lot of digs about that and you'll just have to suck it up.

Glenn, I was hoping you'd post that Berg, it's a stunner!!

Comment

Here are a few hints regarding the hat:

Take a closer look at the sweatband.
              Of course there have been some manufacturing variations but this one looks more like the sweatband of a peaked cap.
              The stitching of the seam is totally unusual for a mountain cap.
              The correct stitching/seam of a sweatband of mountain caps is straight and done with a sewing machine.

Also the rounded yarn-over (the cuff) with the buttonholes can only lead to one conclusion… its a newly compiled - 100% COPY!!!

You now maybe don't trust me and make fun of me - but in the end I will be laughing, because I dont have crap like that in my collection

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                Here is an earlier stamp in my "Almi" bergmutze.

Glenn
                Beautiful early Bergmütze Glenn, i have the same.

Comment

Hmmm I have no problems at all with the sweatband.
                  Can you please elaborate about the stitching seam?

And no need to be offensive. We are all here to learn and the owner of the cap has for sure spend alot of money on this cap. Show some respect..

Comment

Originally posted by NKS View Post
                    You now maybe don't trust me and make fun of me - but in the end I will be laughing, because I dont have crap like that in my collection
                    That's nice!

You've waited 2 years to share your doubts about this Bergmuetze but now you expect a Ritter Kreuz?

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                      Steve, you're going to get a lot of digs about that and you'll just have to suck it up.

Glenn, I was hoping you'd post that Berg, it's a stunner!!
                      Ben, always down for a laugh, but just to be clear nobody is saying all size 57 caps are bad. But there is no shortage of bad caps these days so any way to get to the bottom of it helps, if all size 57 caps are bad I'll have to toss some of my own caps in the trash

I'm curiously watching this thread, I remember when it was first posted not really sure what to think of this one.

Cheers,
                      -Steve

Comment

I think what NKS said about sweatband is true. I did not zoom in on the sweatband of the hat that starts this thread but I know I’ve only seen straight stitched sweatbands on Bergmutzes.... no zig zag. The cap is scary good.

Robt.

Comment

Real peach

Comment

I'm with NKS i would not want this cap in my collection.

Comment

I have pictures from the same bergmutze in my database.
                              It`s exactly the same cap as well as the condition with fake eyelets.
                              I don`t have the image licensing. I´ve you want the pictures you can write me a private message.

Comment

Originally posted by NKS View Post
                                I have pictures from the same bergmutze in my database.
                                It`s exactly the same cap as well as the condition with fake eyelets.
                                I don`t have the image licensing. I´ve you want the pictures you can write me a private message.
                                What is the issue with licensing? Images should be posted as an attachment for future reference, it will help with anyone considering one of these caps down the road.

Regards,
                                -Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X