X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery cap DLV ?

What is this ? DLV ?

Bleu - gray color, black piping.
    Inside as one like to see on regulation official issued early caps ( Alg. SS )

No ( apparently visible ) traces of a RZM tag .

The holes would fit an LW type metal insignia .... DLV ?

Marc
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

;
      Attached Files

Comment

From the ghost of insignia I would say Deutsches Sangerbund....Billbert

Comment

I see a line of holes in the lining,for what ?

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
            I see a line of holes in the lining,for what ?
            Where ? In the front of the cap ?
            Yes, There used to be a badge; What type of badge is the question ..

Comment

in the front of the lining

Comment

This is a Teno cap that was owned by Bob H.
                Same gray wool body, black piping, and velvet band.
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Well That Would Be Better Than a Sangerbund LYRE Ghost Emblem...Billbert

Comment

Thank you stonemint,

Looks indeed identical. And I do not think there is a problem with the cap being original ....

Marc

Comment

Hallo Marc

If we follow the TeNo's idea, it should be a gray visor, more rare than the blue one because they were provided for using outside the Reich by TN Einsatztruppen, with the war-time field gray uniform. I would also add that it should be for an enlisted/lower Nco, as for the pipings' color. But I only see two rows of piping. Where the lower one is? This could be explained by the signs of a now disappeared seam that are clearly visible on the back in shot n. 2. This deficiency is also common to BobH's visor I see in the image n. 8, even if the velvet band is associated on it to an higher grade, having regard to the chincord and silver buttons and not the chinstrap with the black buttons of your's one. I continue with my analysis: there is a wasserdicht lining from which the sweatshield disappeared and which has an odd number of horizontal points as of a previous seam. Needless to say these lining and sweatband, extremely frugal, contrast with the undeniable exterior beauty. Then I go outside: I do not see a TeNo eagle's ghost. On black velvet band there are the ghosts of two wreaths and in fact there is also a double pair of holes, as well as (normally) for the central cockade. Maybe the wreath has been replaced by the original owner during one of the countless changes of the organization that we are interested here (TeNo-Einsatztruppen/gruppen in 1940; Technische Truppen in 1941; TeNo-Police in 1943)? Who knows But I see on the left the ghost of a small wing, and this could explain, in my humble opinion, why you were thinking of a DLV one.

In this regard, I think these threads (courtesy of member Dave / dblmed, Chris / stonemint, Rogerd, Galizien) could be overall very illuminating to determine whether a succession (and what type) of badges has been there:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...+piping&page=9
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=TeNo
                      http://gmic.co.uk/topic/31362-teno-t...-other/?page=9

This is the extreme limit where I can get there, because I'm not a collector of police & civil organizations' items but only a mediocre visors' guy.

Best regards

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for this research, I would do it myself if only I had the time but i'm rushing, I have only so much time before I need to go back at sea and I have sooooo much to select and to sell.

I see your points but, pictures are pictures and having the stuff in your hand is another issue ...
                        The cap has not such a "exterior beauty" as you think, the caps actually is used inside out on the same manner. See the picture, there is no "wooly" material left on top. This cap has been used up to the maximum limit acceptable ( Here is the ex naval officer speaking :-))

This is a cap of average quality as donated by the unit, not a private purchase.

As for the "missing " piping .. No, there has never been a 'lower" piping on this cap; see pictures.

I do know a bit bout TENO, I have another 5 excellent condition " conventional colour" caps in my remaining collection. I know there is aways the TENO eagle inside with the factory label. Here the label is missing so no eagle ...

I know this cap is "real" untouched, I just have no clue what it is ... Indeed, I supposed DLV because the "ghost" of a horizontal metal insignia ... LW, DLV, Forst etc ...
                        Attached Files

Comment

:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Marcello don't worry about the missing piping in the lower band,in many civil hats the piping was missing ,I don't know why but is regular
                            Carlo

Comment

OK Carlo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X