Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No opinions about this cap?

Comment

I'm not an expert, but it looks like it was made yesterday.....

Comment

Well:

shot n. 3 nothing wrong except for the insignia, in my opinion surely replaced
        shot n. 2 an ininfluent bad..s
        shot n. 3 I see some Schellenberg’s traces (mainly the sweatband perforations and the full stirndruckfrei), but I don’t like the lining and I don’t understand the blank sweatshield. Also, I do not see any signs on the sweatband of a DRGM patent ...

Here we need very detailed shots of these crucial points with the raised sweatband to assest a real judgement. Otherwise, imho, not a good deal ...

Last question: who the seller is and what is the price?

Best regards
        Last edited by enorepap; 07-30-2016, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I will post some more pictures later on.
          Seller is Neumanns Auktionen in Celle, Germany, price 320 euro in bid, plus costs makes it 419,96.
          But it's getting clear to me, now I got it in my hands and raise the sweatband, stupid to bid based on the one picture I had of the front.
          Is the whole cap not original, or is it a refurbished one?
          Last edited by Grebbeberg40; 07-31-2016, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grebbeberg40 View Post
            I will post some more pictures later on.
            Seller is Neumanns Auktionen in Celle, Germany, price 320 euro in bid, plus costs makes it 419,96.
            But it's getting clear to me, now I got it in my hands and raise the sweatband, stupid to bid based on the one picture I had of the front.
            Is the whole cap not original, or is it a refurbished one?
            Good morning Grebbeberg

I will try to respond to your question as soon as you place a fairly detailed set of very close-up pictures. As I wrote to you, in fact, it shows a very attractive exterior appearance but it is not at all convincing on the inside. If it is authentic, the net price is acceptable; however, the increase for the total price of nearly one hundred euros (for auction fees, shipping, etc.) seems to me a little excessive.

Marcello

Comment

Any more pictures needed from some part of the cap?
              Thanks for responding.

Comment

Hallo grebbeberg

Now I see that the lining has some signs of humidity and that the sweatshield is made of celluloid and not plastic. Furthermore the folds of the lining are neat and sewn properly. I do not see any extra-hole and the front stiffener is certainly credible. I do not understand very much the frontal collapse of the lining, but it probably occurred when someone stitched the wreath and turned over the nearest folds of the lining, using at least two different types of wire. I do not see signs of previous holes on the front cardboard and the stirndruckfrei inseams are correct. As for the last image, it's hard to tell whether it is dust that has accumulated over time on the peak or merely a reflex. Certainly by the third image of the first set that you posted, the peak does not appear stitched back. Up to here the good news. Moving on to the negatives, as I've already written, it does not appear normal to me a dumb sweatshield and the lack of the DRGM indication for the stirndruckfrei on the outer side of the sweatband, as confirmed by these new detailed images. If you can co-exist with these problems, then the visor is acceptable, but if not, then it is best to return it. I can get right here with my very little experience and I hope that some other friends much more experienced than me will intervene, giving you a depth enlightenment and a well-founded advice.

Best regards

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
                  It is indeed dust on the Visor.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X