Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen-SS M43 field cap FEEDBACK WANTED:

Hello all.

I'm interested in this cap that is being offered at Grenadier Military Antiques Auctions site. It looks very good, but I tried to purchase one these caps a few years ago at the SOS. I was feeling very confident that it was original... thankfully I got some good advice from an advanced headgear collector before I left the hall and was able to get my money back. So i'm a little bit gun shy looking at this one.

Lot # : 541 - Waffen-SS M-43 Field Cap

Thank you in advance for your time and observations.

Insignia is A-ok

Ian

Comment

If you're looking to purchase an SS field cap with a trapezoid, I would stick with the Dachau produced examples as they are relatively easy to authenticate and hold their value.

I wouldn't recommend any others without solid provenance or unless you really trust your own judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        Insignia is A-ok Ian
        Yes it is. But does it look like it's been on the cap for 71 years? Nope.
        Look at the fold-over at the top. It's still rounded like it was just sewn down.
        Which it was!

I'm sure now that I've called it out, it will soon be covered with a damp dish rag and steam-ironed. Oh well, that's the hobby we've chosen . . .

Comment

Thank you both for your knowledgeable opinions on this cap. Much appreciated!

Comment

Post some pictures for future reference

Andy
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SgtB View Post
                    Yes it is. But does it look like it's been on the cap for 71 years? Nope.
                    I only commented on what I knew for a fact ... if I have to speculate I usually don't comment OR I state so quite clearly.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                      I only commented on what I knew for a fact ... if I have to speculate I usually don't comment OR I state so quite clearly.
                      Ian
                      Opinions based on decades of experience are sometimes all we have in this hobby, my friend, and I have come to respect your opinion.

But that doesn't change mine . . .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X