• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavalry crusher on E-Stand

Hello,

I am interested in this visor on e-stand
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=871570

and would like to get your opinions, especially on the bullion eagle being original to this cap.

Thank you very much for your help

Christian

pictures

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Hallo Christian

I see a Welhausen visor with a desirable waffenfarbe in used condition, but not a crusher. In my opinion quite a bit overprized.

best regards

Comment

Thank you very much for your comment !

Comment

Notwithstanding the leather visor, the high peak (the top being slightly off centered) and the sattle form suggest a Schirmmütze rather than a Feldmütze "alter Art".
          The eagle is OK, from the pics I can’t see evidence of it having been applied postwar.
          MP

Comment

Dear all, thanks for your comments.
            A crusher is IMO a foldable visor. Common for these are the leather bill as well as a foldable sweet band. These caps are rather sloppy and can easily been put away.
            A lot of crushers have flatwire insignia to it. More luxury was also possible, that is how my cap has been constructed. IMO my cap is a 100% crusher, only more luxury being produced and very hard to find in this way.
            But that is just my opinion.

Comment

The cap is definately NOT a crusher in any sense of the word, it is a nice visor cap with what I believe to be a legit wartime applied leather visor. However, I believe that the eagle could have been re-attached and from the pictures I can see the chincord is way off centre.

Nice cap, slightly over-priced though

Comment

The chin cord is original applied.
                Please let me know your definition of a crusher. I am very curious.
                Attached Files

Comment

A crusher depends on the flexible material the cap band is made off (buckram) and it have a leather visor. Please show us a pic of the internal capband if possible? IMO the type of insignia, flatwire or bullion, does not determine whether it is a crusher or not. J

Comment

As you can see from the Welhausen catalog (post # 12) it was possible to buy a visor with a soft peak for an extra-cost (RM 0:40):

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/Foru...d.php?t=542320

Comment

If you define a crusher as an "alte Art Feldmütze", the cap in question is not a true crusher, but a Schirmmütze that has a leather brim. True a.A caps did not have a high peak nor a pronounced Sattelform.

Don

Comment

Here some more pictures. As you can see my cap can be crushed totally. I have never seen a normal visor with this possibility. Also the band is made of a kind of buckram, just as Jacques mentioned.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice! I would say this is a "crusher style" Schirmmütze.

Don

Comment

The peak is extremely flexible because there is no stiffener.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                              Nice! I would say this is a "crusher style" Schirmmütze.

Don
                              Sorry that I have to disagree with you Don.
                              My visor is a crusher. The only difference is that it has a chin cord as well as bullion insignia. The cloth is a kind of doeskin. This is a private purchase crusher. Nothing else.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X