Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe sidecap made from scraps?

Is this made from scraps or something?
    Certainly original and original sewn insignia, but made from different colors of fabric and the lining made from scrap? Late war or theatre made?

An interesting one to me.
    -Brian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 03-20-2020, 07:04 AM. Reason: Outside image hosting

By the way.. it was found inside a mess tin that hadn't been found or opened since the war. My friend's friend bought a small lot of WW2 German mess tins from someone.. and when inspecting them felt something loose in one, opened it and this fell out.

sort of smells like gasoline a bit.

Comment

Most likely theatre repaired...the exterior on some caps are not made from the same bolt of cloth ...and some hard service and 70 years the slight difference in color can become more apparent...Billbert

Comment

I had wondered about cloth/dye variation. I work in the industry and know what that's all about. I just haven't seen one of these with a difference so apparent.

I wasn't sure if the interior patch piece was a repair or originally there when made. I don't really see evidence of a repair but after 70 years I do suppose it would all look about the same.

Thanks for your input, I truly value it.
        -Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My pleasure...A friend of mine years back bought a small vet grouping...after the purchase he popped the gas mask container...jammed full of GREAT cloth...insignia medals and belt buckles...Ya never know...Billbert

Comment

Great cap I would love to own!

Erik

Comment

Gotta go out there and try to beat the street!

Thanks Erik.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X