e-stand marine visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e-stand marine visor

Guess I gotta be the bad guy here but....Unfortunately its been sold as period and shouldn't have. I guess I'm partly to blame because I just figured someone else would have called this out as bad days ago.
    Not sure if Marc's lifetime status scared folks away from commenting, but this cap is utterly post war garbage.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=870008

I would have to agree with Mr. Beck--the visor itself is BRD; the lack of an RZM tag; lack of the political chinstrap; and lastly, it appears to have the triple serial #s under the sweatband.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Dear fellow collectors,

I was directed to this thread by another member, less "reserved" and "shy" than others to point out my mistakes.

I have, in other threads explained why, I have the past two weeks mistakenly offered caps who where not what they where supposed to be.

The NSKK marine cap we are talking about here was posted before I realised a part of my "headgear" collection could be "questionable"
      See the posts on the WH, WL generals , the SS visor eagles and the SA feldjeager caps .

I have, off course , immediately cancelled the sale of the NSKK marine cap after reading this post.

I will not longly go over the reasons this happen. I did this already.
      I'm know as a buckle "expert" . I believe this is still the case. All the "rest" ... the cloth, tunics, caps, etc ... has always been a "side collection" accumulated during the period 1975 to 1990 . When I definitely stopped buying anything else than buckles. Books did not exist and info was scarce. When looking at the caps page 221 and 222 of Angolias NSKK book one can easily see my mistake; And when i got the cap even that book did not exist... Since last week, I have learned not to offer anything out of my collection I'm not 100% certain of and for the rest I put it for review on the forum. I do would appreciate a little more "action" from knowledgable members when I post something " iffy" My status of "lifetime member " do not give me a divine status ! When I was moderator of the buckles section, NEVER a fake or a uncertain buckle would have passed a test ... I made quit a number of enemies but collectors could count on me not to lie or stay silent ...

This said, thank you guys for the help on the other caps I mentioned.

best regards,
      Marc

Comment

I suppose the insignias are OK ...
        M.
        Attached Files

Comment

Or not ?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Marc verstraete View Post
            Dear fellow collectors,

I was directed to this thread by another member, less "reserved" and "shy" than others to point out my mistakes.

I have, in other threads explained why, I have the past two weeks mistakenly offered caps who where not what they where supposed to be.

The NSKK marine cap we are talking about here was posted before I realised a part of my "headgear" collection could be "questionable"
            See the posts on the WH, WL generals , the SS visor eagles and the SA feldjeager caps .

I have, off course , immediately cancelled the sale of the NSKK marine cap after reading this post.

I will not longly go over the reasons this happen. I did this already.
            I'm know as a buckle "expert" . I believe this is still the case. All the "rest" ... the cloth, tunics, caps, etc ... has always been a "side collection" accumulated during the period 1975 to 1990 . When I definitely stopped buying anything else than buckles. Books did not exist and info was scarce. When looking at the caps page 221 and 222 of Angolias NSKK book one can easily see my mistake; And when i got the cap even that book did not exist... Since last week, I have learned not to offer anything out of my collection I'm not 100% certain of and for the rest I put it for review on the forum. I do would appreciate a little more "action" from knowledgable members when I post something " iffy" My status of "lifetime member " do not give me a divine status ! When I was moderator of the buckles section, NEVER a fake or a uncertain buckle would have passed a test ... I made quit a number of enemies but collectors could count on me not to lie or stay silent ...

This said, thank you guys for the help on the other caps I mentioned.

best regards,
            Marc
            Thanks for being one of the good guys!

Comment

Ditto the above...
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

& yes, the insignia looks good.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

NSKK Marine season Two !
                  The return ... !!!!

Hi guy's :-) !'m back ....

Why,?

I'm still not over the way I was treated as a moron and "amateur" by a few members on the forum so I like to point a few things out ....

I quote: " approximatively" the reply that was posted when requesting some help...
                  `
                  ""You just had to look page xxx in my book to find your answer ""

Well ..... I did !!!! And here is page 419 of W. Saris "Bible and holly regulations" of the "Headgear of hitlers Germany" Volume 4;

The cap pictured and described here is not just a NSKK Marine cap . It "IS" "THE" cap in question ! Not another one . The one I posted and that was shot down in flames.

So ... I'm a buckle collector, I dear to say , one of the leading experts on the subject.
                  But, I don't know much about cloth anymore ... So, I look at "the bible of regulations" ... To "GOD"
                  Like buckles collectors look at the book I participated at for references on buckles.

And what do I see, "GOD" is "WRONG" !!! "GOD" has a FAKE cap in his bible !!

Or maybe Stonemint and a few other longtime collectors and experts on headgear are wrong ??? (I don't think so) ... And my cap that is now taken in pieces and worth sh...t , original after all ???

But I'm the stupid one .... ???
                  Attached Files

Comment

;
                    Attached Files

Comment

Marc, I do not know where anyone directed any personal attacks at you--I do not see any in this thread.

In any event, fakes have been published in the headgear books going back to the 1960s, and they will continue to published as original in the future.

Unfortunately, every headgear (or uniform) reference book that has been published over the last 50 years had had fakes in them.

The problem with political marine visors (be they NSKK, SA, or HJ) is that many fakers took postwar Handelsmarine visors and slapped original insignia on them, taking a $25 cap and instantly making it a $2,000 visor)--a practice that is still continuing to this day....
                      Last edited by stonemint; 07-30-2016, 11:23 AM.
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hello Stonemint, NO,NO !! No attack here !!!! It is related to the FJ tread and I extrapolated ... It is just so frustrated to have to deal with a lot of nonsense. ( On other treads !) I posted the above to show why I was of good fait. When a "Expert" of his size uses an item to illustrate his work ( My NSKK cap here) One would expect he knows what he is taking about !
                        Please, no offence to you !
                        Subject close

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X