Clear All

WH general visor up for opinions .

One more cap I need advise on ...
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark, my initial impressions are that we have yet another dubious eReL Generals visor to authenticate.

I've lost count of how many of them we've seen here on this forum over the years. The ratio of eReL Generals to other makers must be at least 10 to 1.

In regards to this example, yet again I see many suspicious traits.
        Long story short, it just doesn't look like an authentic eReL to me despite the fact that original Lubstein cap parts were used in it's construction.

I don't know for sure but I'm thinking Frankenstein s from the 1980's and from the USA. I would bet the late and much missed Daddy Kane would have been able to shed light on this. Nick also because I know he spent a lot of time studying them.

Personally, I think it's about time we really got the bottom of when and who were making and selling these high end fakes, which is what I think they are.
        Not only would it save a lot of people a lot of money, it would also save me a lot of time answering emails about them! lol

Comment

Hallo Marc

I agree with Ben. Some original parts, but no more. It seems to me that the frugality, just to speak a little politely about it, of this visor (not immediately visible to a fast external lookup) fits exactly the badges (they also very questionable, especially the wreath), which, however, place it abstractly no later than 1942. I honestly do not dare to believe that, while the victorious armies were pushing towards the Volga and the Suez Canal, a proud General would go around in these miserable conditions and that Erel propose similar poor products to the Offizier Kleiderkasse. I believe that the contract would be immediately terminated.

Comment

The pasteboard is an obvious concern and so is the buckram and sewing.

I don't want to elaborate in public, sorry.

Comment

Agree, looks put together. Fist thing I noticed was the poor stitching on the inside. J

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                The pasteboard is an obvious concern and so is the buckram and sewing.

Please contact me privately and i sent you DH detailed pictures ..
                M.

Comment

OK, not so good so far ....

It seems the conclusions are made on "looks" alone ... The cap looks much, MUCH better in hands than on the pictures . In hand is is beautiful.
                  Please , if more detailed pictures are needed, tel me.
                  M.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I got some private mails from members who feel sorry a number of items of my collection are turned down ... I really appreciate these messages and I thank there collectors for their quint words.

This is what I reply :

Yes, it is a nerf breaking work to go trough a 40 years old collection and find out 1/3 is “suspicious” Nothing obvious “fake” but a number of items been messed with.
                    All “high end” off course. lol

I take it with some philosophy, most pieces where bought in the 70’s and 80’s when prices where 10 or for some items 100 times cheaper than now …

At that time, no one cared about “reconstructions” as long as all the pieces on the items where good, it was not important that the badges, eagles, collars, where re sewn.
                    At the german militaria shows in the 70’s and 80’s there where NOT ONE uniform or cap with a eagle or swastika on. These where “in the pockets” and re sewn on by the collectors when back home.
                    Nowadays all these tunics have “original sown eagles” … It is so funny.

I’m more known for belt buckles as for other stuff, and my knowledge is also 99% in the german belt-buckles collecting.
                    The “rest”, the cloth stuff … I just collected it on the side up to end 80’s when I focused only and for 100% on buckles. . “Cloth” became to difficult.

So, if some of my caps and tunics are “put together", with original parts … So be it, I will sell them as such…

But guy's I trust your knowledge, so be sure of your end verdict ...

Marc
                    Attached Files

Comment

THAT is why i asked for more pics of your "complete" DE standarte on another thread ...you replided like i was insulting you ,I WASN'T,...just wanted to see a possible treasure ...not a REPRO ... EC

Comment

Oh what the hell, I don't suppose it matters if we discuss this in the open.

Mark, it's this area that is very strange IMO.

It seems that there is an additional piece of pasteboard sewn in here or maybe it's the overlapping end of the pasteboard. Can you confirm which please? Also, the buckram pouch that contains the steel spring is sewn over the top of it. I've never seen erel use that kind of material for the pouch. There are also at least 2 empty holes I can see in the pasteboard on the left hand side. It's all very peculiar.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The same area in two different authentic erels to compare, one vented, one not.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrec27777 View Post
                            THAT is why i asked for more pics of your "complete" DE standarte on another thread ...you replied like i was insulting you ,I WASN'T,...just wanted to see a possible treasure ...not a REPRO ... EC
                            What I post here for "approval" is maybe 1% of my collection.
                            The rest, well I'm 99% sure is original. The standarte, I got it from the veteran french officer from the 2DB free French who took it personally from a depot near Bergensgarden in 45 ! I KNOW it is original and would not care of any advise on it.
                            I'm not god, I don't know it all but I'm not stupid

Comment

Oh what the hell, I don't suppose it matters if we discuss this in the open.

Mark, it's this area that is very strange IMO.

It seems that there is an additional piece of pasteboard sewn in here or maybe it's the overlapping end of the pasteboard. Can you confirm which please? Also, the buckram pouch that contains the steel spring is sewn over the top of it. I've never seen erel use that kind of material for the pouch. There are also at least 2 empty holes I can see in the pasteboard on the left hand side. It's all very peculiar.
                              There are indeed tree empty holes ... what you see overlapping is the end of the pasteboard. ...

Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X