X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officer Visor Cap for review.

Hi Gents!
    Good Evening!

I would like yours appreciate opinions over these SS Off. Visor.

Thank you for yours time and knowledge!

My Best!
    Gian.

14931-xxa.jpg

14931-xxe.jpg

[ATTACH]3566196[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3566197[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3566198[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3566199[/ATTACH]

Comment

Ciao Gian

I try to start an evaluation, without any pretense of meeting the target.

It shows inside, as far as I can see, the same logo of this (shot 3/2):

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=louis+weber

Also the lining and the sweatband are substantially equal. So, the inside does not arouse suspicion in me. Obviously it would be highly desirable to see some images with the raised sweatband, showing the seams of the lining.

The outer shape seems to me very different and I see (although on the black color it is very difficult) some undulations of the velvet band. Also in this case it would be very useful to verify if there are previous holes on the capboard and on the tissue under the eagle and any sign of a band replacement’s stitching.

I ask this because I believe that the price of it is certainly high and therefore these images, in my opinion, are not enough to spark a good discussion. Among other, Louis Weber was a prolific producer, before, during and after the war, but mainly of civilian hats with a different logo. The military visors, which appeared on WAF, can be counted on the fingers of one hand and sometimes emerged that they were fakes, though cleverly reconstructed.

Best regards

Comment

Nice CupAl Zimmermann skull

Ian

Comment

This visor is currently on sale in a german auctions house at € 2500.

I think therefore it will hardly be possible to have other images.

Comment

Not to leave the topic, but this auctions’ house has some seemingly attractive headgears at also apparently affordable prices:

https://www.zeige.com/nachverkauf/De...45--10200.html

For example, amongst the others a field-bishop with the Aschenneller logo (starting price euro 1800). From the few available images I don’t like it: the combination of the embroidered badges with the celleon chincord; the position of the cross; the crude seam of the eagle and oakleaves’ wreath; the matt cockade; the presence of two holes that suggest another eagle before this; the color of the piping; the restitched visor, etc.:

https://www.zeige.com/nachverkauf/Sc...tze--6148.html

This leads me to believe that in this case, as for the SS that we are examining, someone used original parts to rebuild these visors.

Comment

For fairness, I must add that I have now translated from the german language the visors' description and it specifies that:

A chaplain in generalship. Grey cloth with gold piping, hand embroidered cap emblem and national eagle, metal cross, interior sweatband and cloth lining. Well-made using original parts

For the SS officer with which we began:

Visor for officers of the SS - Infantry. Grey cloth with white piping, black band, silver hoheitsadler and skull, complete with chincords, inside leather, Manufacturer C. Louis Weber Hannover. Rare worn original.

Comment

Marcello, that "Bishop" visor has bounced around the world of late.
                  Cowan's was selling it back in 2012, and Hendershott was selling it along with the Hitler and Goering hats in 2015:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=hendershott
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
                    This visor is currently on sale in a german auctions house at € 2500.

I think therefore it will hardly be possible to have other images.
                    This auction house is very supportive if you ask for additional or specific area photos. I have done this before with them, great service.

Comment

Ciao Enorepap!

Thanks to you!

""Well-made using original parts""
                      ........These was also my impression......., I had the opportunity to get in hand the black Panzer M43 but I bounced back!

Best!
                      Gian.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        Marcello, that "Bishop" visor has bounced around the world of late.
                        Cowan's was selling it back in 2012, and Hendershott was selling it along with the Hitler and Goering hats in 2015:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=hendershott
                        Hallo Chris

Thanks for the link. Now that I've seen that it has gone around the world, the only thing I can say is that at least here is described as a reassembly one and we have relocated it again. It reminds me the recent HH Professioneller Umbau .

Is it a new collecting category for the eccentrics collectors who are bored of the usual original stuff (mostly poor infantry visors without the eagle) or just a more polite way to define a bunch of stuff put together?

Comment

Originally posted by jules61 View Post
                          Ciao Enorepap!

Thanks to you!

""Well-made using original parts""
                          ........These was also my impression......., I had the opportunity to get in hand the black Panzer M43 but I bounced back!

Best!
                          Gian.
                          Ciao Gian

Since member Compressore confirms us that this auction house is very supportive if someone asks for additional photos of specific areas, I think, if you're really interested in further exploring this SS visor, you can try asking clear close-up pictures of the areas that I have indicated you in my first post.

Best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X