Afrika Korps Enlisted Artillery Overseas Cap for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afrika Korps Enlisted Artillery Overseas Cap for review

Good, bad, ugly? What is a fair price to pay for a cap like comments are well appreciated.

Thanks!

Diane
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 03-20-2020, 08:17 AM. Reason: Outside image hosting

Cap looks good, not so sure about the soutache to be honest, doesn't do it for me.
    Approx price without soutache 300 USD - 400 USD , IMO.
    cheers
    NCO

Comment

Another Hans Brandt from the beehive cache. This one is an 1142, Nov '42. Cap and insignia are original but the soutache is bad and has been added post war. $400us at very most for one of these untouched without soutache.....

Comment

The soutashe measures 2 millimeters in width. I do have some original wartime German soutache on rolls, in green and yellow that measure 2 millimeters.

I can't find any evidence that the a seam was opened or that the flap has been resewn. Perhaps the cap was made earlier and only dated when it left the factory.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Diane View Post
          The soutashe measures 2 millimeters in width. I do have some original wartime German soutache on rolls, in green and yellow that measure 2 millimeters.

I can't find any evidence that the a seam was opened or that the flap has been resewn. Perhaps the cap was made earlier and only dated when it left the factory.

Can we please see a pic of these soutache original roll pieces ( Green & Yellow )?.

Comment

Agree with Tim comments, not that hard to add soutache, I've never seen an internal tail that long on an original applied soutache
            You don't need to open the seam, to apply soutache to one of these caps

Comment

Originally posted by NCO View Post
              Can we please see a pic of these soutache original roll pieces ( Green & Yellow )?.
              I have to dig it out and will try to post some tomorrow. I believe the 2 millimeter width was actually intended for collar tabs.

Comment

Originally posted by msteve21 View Post
                Agree with Tim comments, not that hard to add soutache, I've never seen an internal tail that long on an original applied soutache
                While true, why waste time with artillery when you can double the value with Panzer or Nebelwerfer? Just saying. I will look more closely at the seam to see if it's been redone.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by msteve21 View Post
                  Me either and many Brandts are adulterated. That soutache is too thin which makes me think bad too. To machine sew requires un-doing as it has to pass under a presser foot of a machine.

Robt.

Comment

Originally posted by Diane View Post
                    While true, why waste time with artillery when you can double the value with Panzer or Nebelwerfer? Just saying. I will look more closely at the seam to see if it's been redone.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Large numbers of these caps were bought up by an enterprising individual and the soutache was then added. Plenty of different colors too. Including many dated from '43 with an rbn#, not just HB's, Clemens Wagner caps dated Oct, Nov, Dec '42 all without soutache nowadays many have the soutache. The 1142's & 1242's should be suspect & even the 842's some are ok, others not.
                    Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 05-31-2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Postwar added soutache on a beehive cap. Many threads about this already

Comment

Another thing to perhaps mention here is, although this is a post war soutache the color Red needs to be a lot more deeper darker in Red , IMO.
                        This red color is very pale without seeing any action if it was to be 100%.
                        What do other members think?
                        Unless its my screen thats not showing the color correct.
                        cheers
                        NCO
                        Last edited by NCO; 05-31-2016, 08:14 PM. Reason: text

Comment

The waffenfarbe for artillery is deschibed as Hochrot (bright red(. It could very well be the lighting.

Comment

Tropical schif

soutache possibly added to increase value by dealers, in this case its very bright red, sometimes the soutache's fixation thread color passes with time if its been on a long time...in any case correctly added

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X