Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artillerie alter Art (crusher) cap

Gentlemen,
    may I have your opinion about this cap ? I would like to know if it can fulfill its promise. It is supposed to be an early crusher made by Pekuro due to the dark green sweetband. It is a bit salty, and also a bit expensive, so I would need to be sure.

h-800-heer-casquette-alter-art-officier-artillerie--0-1462285498.jpg

h-800-heer-casquette-alter-art-officier-artillerie--1-1462285499.jpg

[ATTACH]3559374[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3559375[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3559376[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3559377[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3559378[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3559379[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3559380[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3559381[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3559382[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3559383[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3559384[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3559385[/ATTACH]

Comment

h-800-heer-casquette-alter-art-officier-artillerie--16-1462285540.jpg

h-800-heer-casquette-alter-art-officier-artillerie--17-1462285542.jpg

Many thanks and best regards for your kind help.

Best Regards,

Comment

Hallo 320

From the outside it is very attractive. The oakleaves are machine-sewn very tightly while the eagle is hand-sewn with wide steps. I'm not able to identify the fabric's type and there are several moth holes on the band. I think that this will affect the price somewhat, but nothing wrong here. If we go inside: the ribbed underside of the leather peak shows some mending points, but especially if you say that it would be an early Pekuro, my question is: where is the black velvet Pekuro stirndruckfrei? I see a dark cloth system, unless the velvet surface is completely abraded. The flexible capboard (shot n. 6) seems good. Can you confirm that there are no other holes in the lining and gray cloth to which the stirndruckfrei is attached?

Comment

Hello enorepap,
                    thanks a lot for your opinion. Unfortunately, I do not have the cap in hands. These are pics from the seller.
                    Best Regards,

Comment

I don't believe the eagle is original application.
                      MLP

Comment

I have seen eagles applied to crusher caps in the same manner as the eagle on this cap. Not saying this is an original applied eagle, I would need a hands on inspection to be sure. But I think it stands a good chance of being original to the cap.
                        John

Comment

I am pleased that the discussion on this crusher is developing.

Also I would prefer a machine-stitched eagle and a leather peak without the ribbed underside.

In my opinion, the ribbed top material is a light weight wool gabardine/twill.

But, if it is a Pekuro, there is also to say that I would like to see the pencil marks and the ribbed sides on the lining.

Finally, the most important questions:

What's the pasteboard made of (I hope some old type of heavy woven fabric like canvas or buckram)?

Did you check it for extra holes?

I think, since it is quite expensive, the seller must give you all available photos and information.
                          Last edited by enorepap; 05-23-2016, 03:29 PM. Reason: post-scriptum

Comment

Originally posted by John Degioanni View Post
                            I have seen eagles applied to crusher caps in the same manner as the eagle on this cap. Not saying this is an original applied eagle, I would need a hands on inspection to be sure. But I think it stands a good chance of being original to the cap.
                            John
                            Agree 100%

Comment

I see no problem with the ribbed visor--I have seen it on original crusher and "crusher-type" visors.
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X