Two visor caps for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two visor caps for review

Recently these two visor caps were offered to me. The guy is a non-collector and stated he bought these two caps around 25 years ago.
    If this story istrue or not, imo only the embroidered eagles and cockades are original. I think the caps are postwar (late '50 Bundeswehr or DDR?) Unfortunately this are the only pics I have..
    Just want to be sure.
    Thanks for your opinions
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'm, sorry bouth caps are preproduction.

Comment

Heer artillery is a repro .
                LW OFF has such a big repro visor ! Seems to be an early BW cap a bit adapted ...
                Nick

Comment

Hallo paukenschlag

As for the artillery officer, I think the late war boiled wool body is authentic. Peak and wreath with cockade not authentic. The eagle might be original but definitely reassembled. The combination of the sweatband (almost destroyed) and the lining is possible. The folds of the lining are still quite tidy and it seems to me to glimpse the shadow of a sweatshield. No visible logo? On the back, the intermediate piping is closed in a bit rough manner but this is credible for a visor of that later period. Surely there is some damage to the right cardboard, as shown by the prolapse of the lower piping and the band on that side. This is my opinion.

Comment

As for the LW officer I do not like the seam below the front lower piping. Also in this case the badges were remounted. Perhaps only the eagle, very crudely sewn up, could be original. The sweatband, including an half-moon stirndruckfrei, was badly replaced and sewed up as the peak which does not belong to the visor, given the many empty holes and the long seams with which it is fixed. The lining has the creases still in good order. You should check (also for the previous Artillery) if there are any signs of previous badges. If that were the case, for example the holes of a circular little cockade under the eagle, then it is a run down Berlin Police, transformed (in a bad way) into a fake LW. As a point in common, however, I do not see the point of all this traffic to obtain these two very shabby visors.

Comment

By the way, what price the guy is asking you for?

Comment

Thanks guys,
                        Kindly passed on the caps. I don't know what he asked for the caps, but for this chabby ones any price would be to high

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X