Hello everyone,
    This insignia good or bad?

Many thanks for your help!!
    Attached Files

This is what it should look like imo. Courtesy basil. J
    Attached Files

Comment

Hallo hesserl

Please, can you post some clearly images of the front upper and inner lining and of the inner front of the lower capboard? Thank you and best regards.

Marcello

Comment

It's not a true crusher, but a visor made to resemble a crusher- cords removed and new insignia added. When is the question, but I wouldn't pay more for it than the price of a basic infantry visor.

Comment

Both insignias are original ! Rare Oakleaves version in cotton embroidered ...
          Sewn on a classical cap to give a Kampf look !
          It looks period done from what i see ...
          Nick

Comment

some more pictures
            Attached Files

Comment

more
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                Both insignias are original ! Rare Oakleaves version in cotton embroidered ...
                Sewn on a classical cap to give a Kampf look !
                It looks period done from what i see ...
                Nick
                I would doubt that Nick but it should be an easy task to see what insignia was originally applied to the cap. I suspect it will be the regular alloy type usually attached to an issued cap like this.

Comment

This is an enlisted contract visor, lieferjahr 1938. I ask again: is it possible to see the front inner lining and capboard, to verify the possible presence of the holes of a pair of previous and normal metal badges?
                  For LSSAH: if so, it should be the side holes of the buttons and then I also beg hesserl to check this point.
                  For GAMS1: the fact that the insignia are original, does not mean that they were originally mounted on this visor. They are very crudely sewn with a clear thread and I'd like also to see any period photograph of this particular pattern of oakleaves & cockade in wear.
                  In any case, if real, this masterpiece should have been made by an officer, because I do not think a private would be allowed to make a so creative mess.

Comment

Marcello, you're so demanding my friend!!

Comment

Hallo Ben

I'm trying

Meantime, only a confirmation from the 1934 Kiel adressbuch that Klotz brothers already produced headdresses before the war:

http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/w/index....djvu&page=216

Comment

From what i see ...means you can't be sure of original sewn on insignia with these pictures ?
                        It could be a NCO or an OFF cap without any problems ?
                        The basic question of this thread was : "are the badges original" ?
                        And my answer was : yes the are !
                        Discussing on "if the original badges are originally sewn on this cap" is another story ?
                        Nick

Comment

Hello Gents,
                          sorry, but I have only this pictures!
                          I would like to buy this cap but I am not sure about the cap!

Thank you for your coments!!

Comment

Hallo Nick

I agree with you that discussing on "if the original badges are originally sewn on this cap" is another story. Though, the two issues are closely linked. Without these two badges, LSSAH says well: "I would not pay more for it than the price of a basic infantry visor". In my opinion, these are not the original badges of this visor, but, as long as hesserl will obtain from the seller the photographs of the front inner lining and capboard, I obviously can not said this with certainty, as I'm used to work on the basis of true evidences. Also I repeat that I'd like to see any period image of this particular pattern of oakleaves & cockade in wear, in order to educate myself if I were to meet something else.

Marcello

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X