Opinion on Erel General Officer Visor Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on Erel General Officer Visor Cap

All, this visor is part of a named grouping that I am considering. I am asking for the Forum's opinions on the visor. There is a second visor that I will post in a separate thread so as not to conflate the two caps. As always, many thanks in advance for any assistance!

Don
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 03-20-2020, 10:22 AM. Reason: Outside image hosting

Frankly I dont like it.I see some pleats open, also the logo erel is too old for a general 43',if I see well the sweatband is resewn .I will wait for a comment of my collegue.I neeed better pics
    Carlo

Comment

Cap is a Frankenstein, made up of original parts and parts from a heavyweight fake.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hi Don,
        Yeah, I agree with the other opinions, that this is a cap to stay away from.
        Thank you,
        Curtiss

Comment

All, I appreciate you help with this cap.

Don

Comment

Original erel sweatband sewn into a fake cap.

Comment

Ben, thanks for that.

Don

Comment

Hi Guys, Just curious. I've collected quite a few German caps in my time and wonder if any of you could point out specific clues to this cap being a fake/messed with item. I would appreciate any info which might help me in the future. I would especially be interested in sweatband logos and how they changed over time. Also, what makes the cap look like a "heavy" repro?
                Thanks in advance.

Comment

The biggest clue is the lining which is totally incorrect compared to an original Lubstein manufactured hat. The eReL logo is also not correct, not so much in the design which is no doubt a facsimile of a real logo, but in the execution, the position and numerous other factors.

Add these doubts to the fact that we, I mean cap collectors with some experience have seen genuine and fake eReL's numerous times before and then you have opinions that you can take to the bank.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X