Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Does anyone have any other photos of this visor?
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

cockade

I think Christiansen got ripped off by the maker as the inside paper label says it has a "Spezial Kokarde" for effective ventilation and it doesn't appear to be so. And on April 1 no less!

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
            I think Christiansen got ripped off by the maker as the inside paper label says it has a "Spezial Kokarde" for effective ventilation and it doesn't appear to be so. And on April 1 no less!
            pauke--good eye--I was wondering if anyone would catch that (and I sure didn't expect it so fast!)

NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The cockade in the photo appears to be metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt A. View Post
                The cockade in the photo appears to be metal.
                No I think not.We have to see a pic of the grommet to be sure ,not alvais some time where mounted coccade the net it's uncomon to see whithout it (no hole)
                Carlo

Comment

The translation of the paper label says: "cocade OR special insignia". Can someone explain me what "special" insignia would be ?

Thanks
                  Christian

Comment

Here we go again. A daughter, a widow, an attic, a cellar, a certification, an auction of twenty years ago, etc., etc.

This was the lot 6121 and it was included in an alleged legacy of twenty-two objects (6115-6137 of which the first two were photographs of the worthy deceased). It is certainly possible that here, especially amongst the most experienced and advanced collectors, there is someone who remembers this auction, or even purchased any of these items, or at least retains a catalog. In short, this is a triple Erel and should not be impossible to compare it to the item sold in the initial auction (if it was even then already definitely attributable to Christiansen ) and to know in whose hands it (and the rest, until proven otherwise, of the presumed inheritance) have passed to date.

Comment

The problem with white tops is that they are much easier to re-build (ie, create a Franky) than regular caps. Tracking down a loose vented Erel cockade for a LW general is almost impossible, and could be a reason why they did not install one (if the hat is re-built).
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is another pic of him wearing a white-top, but the cockade is not visible:
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I read on the LW badges forum that his P-O badge w/ diamonds was also sold about the same time by HH--that piece was questioned as well.
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Maybe the daughter (or someone else) needed some easy cash

Comment

That might be the red cold weather plug installed over the red wire vented cockade....?? !!! Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X