ss-visor cap original or a fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss-visor cap original or a fake?

hi guys please take alook to this visor. i am thinking it is a fake! what is your opinion? i trust in you! thanks and best regards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 03-20-2020, 10:33 AM. Reason: Outside image hosting

Rudi, it is a fake using Imperial parts.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hi Chris thanks for inforamtion! Are there any other opinions ?? Thanks!

Comment

no other opinions needed !

Comment

nice attempt to make a 1933 allg. schirmm from genuine parts at least.

Comment

I agree with Chris that this is an Imperial cap, possibly LeibHusaren Regt.nr.2, converted to A-SS.
            I find the prices for these relatively common caps , real or otherwise, ludicrous in the extreme.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Even the early SS used the imperial style hats

The cap appears to me like a pre 1933 SS hat . Before 1936 SS hats were all manufactured in the imperial style . It has been a common practice for Ss men those days to head to the next uniform taylor and to order a hat in black with the white piping after joining the SS. Germany those day had thousands of taylors that manufactured tunics and hats and all of them were handmade in the only known style - the imperial cut . That´s why the SS before 1936 has worn only the "old" style hat without any golden runes inside the hat. The RZM stamp with the SS runes was introduced later than 1935 and the Danziger style skull was the regular one used before 1936 . In my opinion the hat is a nice early original but the Tk appears to me to be a post war replacement though it has the exact appearance of a Danziger style skull . There was a huge variety of those skulls used before 1936. I was able to figure out the manufacturer by a little internet reserch.

Comment

Whatever this hat is, it is not an imperial German hat that has been modified.

It is either real or an out and out fake made to fool. Here is another example by this maker which did not receive good press;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=SS+hat

My opinion is fake SS hat made to fool,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X