Medical or Chaplain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallo Ben

The hell-blau was worn by a lot of different units. The list would be very long and useless because this is not hell-blau, even assuming that in the reality the color tones were very different from each other and could also be in the range of the medium or dark-blue, also according to the time and the individual makers. For the rest, I've only seen the cornflower-blue and I do not remember there was officially a dark-blue waffenfarbe in the German Army.

Marcello

Comment

Chaplain is a much richer color.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh well, you're all such experts of waffenfarbe colours that I just differ..

Comment

The only way to know for sure is hands on! And that would be the opinion of the person with the hat. Good luck.

Comment

Hallo Ben

If purple, one of the various possible shades. You have the visor in your hands and consequently you are in the best position to judge it. Following this hypothesis, then it means that the two holes on the sides were for accomodate two buttons that held the chincord and that someone added the black button and the piece of chinstrap only on one side for unknown reasons. It remains to see whether it originally bore a metal eagle or not and we have also to concentrate on the "face" and see if, between the eagle's ghost and the oakleaves, there are the space & trace of a previous cross.

Marcello

Comment

I really don't care anymore, thanks anyway and no one else does most probably.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                Cheer up, Ben . . . soliciting opinions on Waffenfarbe is fun!

Your predicament reminds me much of one of my queries into Waffenfarbe for one of my caps: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=803228

Personally, I think you may have one of those caps that comes down to rest very well in that oh-so-undesired "sweet spot" . . . where an opinion could go either way. If truth be told, I doubt anyone buying it 70 years ago would have been so temperamental about the color as we are today . . . and if I were to give you an opinion, I would say a "Medical Officer volunteering in the service of a Chaplain" . . . That would explain everything!

Comment

Hall Wyeth

In your case, to continue your research about a DKG holder would not be difficult.

However, in my opinion, definitely a GJ.

The 136th was recruiting in the area of Innsbruck and there I found also well over thirty years ago a beautiful but unnamed waffenrock for a 2nd lieutenant.

By the way, I do not think that the edelweiss was mandatory (at least in practice). Amongst others, I have a GJeReL that does not bear any signs of it.

Marcello

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post

Ben...

If you are selling it as a medic cap, let me know

Comment

It is upfaded transport. It happens in extreme cold conditions when the color pigmentation increases, called upfading. It is especially found with white infantry upfading into Ganzergren green. J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X