1100 paypal add 3%
    buyer pays shipping
    Attached Files

visor

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

wrong forum to sell~

Also this is not Cavalry but Infantry! Mint condition is far reaching if you ask me.

Comment

I have to agree with Dan.
        The skull looks squeezed in after the fact.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I have seen this hat before.
          When it was sold, it had this tag in it.
          Officers of IR46 would not be entitled to wear the Braunschweig TK:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I may be off on this, but the wreath looks like it was stripped from an older Janke (note black cotton cockade and the 3-strand bullion used to make the acorns):
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

A poor infantry by Schneidermeister Max Stacker of Neumunster, Steinmetzstrasse 8:

http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/w/index....djvu&page=102

sacrificed on the altar of profit, with the addition of fake oakleaves & cockade and and especially of a skull to mesmerize the gullible people

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
                A poor infantry by Schneidermeister Max Stacker of Neumunster, Steinmetzstrasse 8:

http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/w/index....djvu&page=102

sacrificed on the altar of profit, with the addition of fake oakleaves & cockade and and especially of a skull to mesmerize the gullible people
                Yep, and also, the name tag is for a schutze/buck private. He must have really been promoted rapidly!

Bob Shoaf

Comment

and seller does not even get the waffenfarbe correct, how do you expect him to get the authenticity right? J

Comment

Would be nice hearing back from the OP on how he acquired this hat and why he thinks this is Cavalry. He should have a strong handle on these antiquities with 27 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by KC1 View Post
                      Would be nice hearing back from the OP on how he acquired this hat and why he thinks this is Cavalry. He should have a strong handle on these antiquities with 27 posts.
                      KC, it is part of a trend I have seen becoming more prevalent of late--what I call "Thread Abandonment"--ie, something is posted for review/comment; other members post opinions/ask questions, but the original thread-starter never responds/replies.....
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        KC, it is part of a trend I have seen becoming more prevalent of late--what I call "Thread Abandonment"--ie, something is posted for review/comment; other members post opinions/ask questions, but the original thread-starter never responds/replies.....
                        ...not forgetting the other seemingly ubiquitous trend of "accidently" posting a 'For Sale' ad on a discussion forum in the hope of drumming up interest from potential buyers! I guess it kinda backfired this time.

Comment

In his defense, he hasn't been on the forum since 3/22. That having been said, every single item he has posted has had issues.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                            I am seeing this "Thread Abandonment" trend quite alot on tropical items. Most of the time its some-one that received bad reviews on whatever they are showing. I just don't respond to anyone's new threads after they have abandoned several previously....who needs them ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X