Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on 1936 EM Panzer Visor

Hi guys,

I picked this visor up at the SOS a few weeks back. I sent another member some pictures of the hat and he was curious about the toback eagle. I was hoping to have the cap authenticated by some more knowledgeable individuals as well as any ideas on the unusual eagle. I apologize in advance for not taking pictures in landscape, hopefully you can still make it out well enough. Thanks for the help in advance! Here is the front and side of the cap.

Nathan
    Attached Files

Side and Rear of Visor.
    Attached Files

Comment

Insignia and Inside of Visor.
      Attached Files

Comment

Both ink stamps. One is the same as the maker under the diamond and the other is different, both dated 1936.
        Attached Files

Comment

Inside with sweat band flipped up. Just another piece of information that may/ may not be relevant - the thing smells of cigarettes something awful, it had to ride in the back of the car on the way home.
          Attached Files

Comment

eagle

It looks like this is a replacement eagle as an impression above it was where the original one was. I would expect the original eagle had a similar silver-like finish like the wreath. Out-of-focus images are difficult to assess.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
              It looks like this is a replacement eagle as an impression above it was where the original one was. I would expect the original eagle had a similar silver-like finish like the wreath. Out-of-focus images are difficult to assess.
              Pauke,

Thanks for the help. Only one picture seems our of focus to me...sorry if the are bad for you. If it is a replacement eagle, is it still a real eagle that was replaced wartime? Others have an opinion on this and whether or not the visor is ok?

Nathan

Comment

The eagle is an original but you can clearly see where another eagle sat for some time just above this and to the left. I wouldn't doubt it was taken off after the war, that said its a beautiful early visor. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                  The eagle is an original but you can clearly see where another eagle sat for some time just above this and to the left. I wouldn't doubt it was taken off after the war, that said its a beautiful early visor. Matt
                  Hi Matt,

Thanks for the information. An idea what kind of eagle this is and what is it worth? I plan on removing this one and finding silver eagle similar to the wreath so it will be right again.

Nathan

Comment

No doubts about Bangert.

Regarding the eagle, it could simply be a KM one, added from someone only to complete this visor and "fill the hole" ... perhaps only the seller could answer this question. In any case, since it is not coeval with the cap, there is no risk if you remove it and check if there are the holes of a previous eagle.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinRommel1940 View Post
                      Hi Matt,

Thanks for the information. An idea what kind of eagle this is and what is it worth? I plan on removing this one and finding silver eagle similar to the wreath so it will be right again.

Nathan
                      Nathan,

just depends on what the back side looks like, but in this market 25-50 bucks. Matt

Comment

insignia

Check out the other current thread entitled "Panzer cap" and you will see the insignia as they likely were on your visor hat.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X