Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DON Kosaken Cap

Hello
    What do you think of this DON Kosaken Cap ?
    mfg eljabanebre
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

There is an other here : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ejercito-ale...1988673?_ul=AR

It explains the stamps in the text

Sorry I can't tell for the authenticity

Comment

The stamps I believe are Czech movie inventory stamps. Of course many movie companies used captured stocks of German gear. After the wall came down a lot of that inventory made it into the collectors market.

Now I've been told these hats are fakes. But I do own one and believe there's a chance they are of wartime construction. Whether they were actually issued to Cossacks fighting with the Wehrmacht I don't know. Lots of units including Soviet units wore similar head gear. Many non military personnel also wore them. Jim

Comment

Not CZ movie but Army theater stamps ...
              These caps are good and i also own 3 pieces , found in the best years for militaria when the wall was still intact !
              Badges may have been reapplied but original ?
              Nick

Comment

are they original, regards sergio

Comment

Originally posted by ferdinandmax View Post
                  are they original, regards sergio
                  According to Nick they are good. Since I own one my opinion is biased but I believe they are not newly manufactured items. At a minimum they date to 1956. The construction leads me to believe the hats are wartime. As I mentioned others believe they are reproductions. Jim

Comment

"Inventura 1956 " : existing in this theater stock in 1956 ! not made in 56
                    but approved in stock already at this date ...
                    2 Vlassov divisions+cossack units were around Prag in 1945. The logistic also ...
                    Nick

Comment

they said that they had come out of an army warehouse in Ceskoslovenska years 1970 , I think the A final is going to Armada

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X