Gorgeous Panzer Visor..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous Panzer Visor..

Hi Guys, I have a gorgeous Panzer Visor with chincord period removed. It has "the look" I like so much. It is a unplayed with beautiful used but intact example with no mothing or damage but shows period use. My question is the makers markings are nearly all gone but can someone recognise anything of what's left or the caps characteristics to determine the maker? Thank you all in advance. Johnno.
    Attached Files

Pics

Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Pics

Pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Interior photos would be needed to take any kind of guess as to the maker or origin. To me it looks like an EM/NCO issue type peak cap and if so would have the reddish/brown/tan cotton lining. These are often ink stamped on the underside of the sweatband if you want to risk turning it up.....I quit that about 25 years ago.

Comment

Pics

Pics
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks very much PhilD. Still uploading photos. You are correct. I cannot for all the tea in China though disturb that swearband. Check out the patina on it when I list the pic. Thanks and regards, Johnno.

Comment

Pics

Pics
              Attached Files

Comment

Pics

Pics
                Attached Files

Comment

Pics

Pics
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pics

Pics
                    Attached Files

Comment

Pics

Pics
                      Attached Files

Comment

I love this visor JP, the perfect combination of shape, wear and patina for my tastes
                        Regards Bill

Comment

Thanks old mate, yeah it's corker allright. Sorry to all meant to post it on the cloth headgear forum but repetitive habit forced it on here. I've asked the mods to repost as necc in the cloth headgear forum. My appoligies. Johnno.

Comment

The cap shows the exact interior that I was guessing and trying to describe. This style of peak cap was IMO made under contract for issue to EM and NCOs during the pre-war period much like the issue versions of the Parade Dress uniforms. These type of peak caps follow a very uniform standard of materials (inside and out) construction and shape.

I have encountered them with period applied Officer cords and also with chinstraps removed and sort of "crushed" up with obvious field use.

Comment

Perhaps it's my monitor, but I don't see Panzer pink piping on this cap, but infantry white.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X