Heer Officers M43 cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Officers M43 cap

Picked this one up off ebay. There was only a few poor photos to go on but bidding was quite strong never the less.
    It was stripped of insignia but I managed to get this nice flatwire trapezoid for it.
    It would be in mint condition if it weren't for a bit of wear on the top where it's been folded flat for a long time.

My photos make it look bottle green, not sure why, it's regular feldgrau.

Ebay pic first.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Haven't sewn a trap on for a long time. They are fiddly buggers..
        Attached Files

Comment

Well Played Sir !!
          Billbert

Comment

Very nice Ben....nice hat too.

Comment

Very nice Ben, hard to go wrong with a quality cap like this one. Matt

Comment

Nice one Ben

Barry

Comment

Another great catch for you Ben

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                    Haven't sewn a trap on for a long time. They are fiddly buggers..

Sewing looks extremely well done, Ben. Congrats on another fine discovery.

Comment

This is not a dig at BenVK but was wondering if it ever gets sold down the line, will new owners conveniently leave off the fact it has had the trap replaced?
                      Did you mark it to reflect replaced trap?
                      Last edited by tanker; 02-19-2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanker View Post
                        Did you mark it to reflect replaced trap?
                        Yes, I wrote "replaced insignia" with a magic maker on the lining.

Comment

I actually understand tankers comment very well.
                          When you sell a fixed cap or fix a cap for another person it sometimes gets sold again a untouched and as you do a nice job it is sometimes hard to detect in pictures.
                          I own a cap I suspect this has happened to and it anoys me to not know what has been done and not eventhough some signs are quite apparent in hand.

This is ofcourse not your fault but the next or next guy or dealer etc.

Comment

That's life though isn't it?

You sell a car with a 100k miles on the clock and the buyer turns the clock back to 50k and sells it on. You sell a house with a leaky roof and the buyer sells it's on without mentioning the roof.

In regards to this cap, I've done all that I can do by posting it here with the original ebay pic etc. I've not attempted to apply the insignia in a way that would fool anyone that knows what they are doing. It's simply folded over at the top and tacked in place down the sides. When it moves on to the next owner, my responsibility for it has ended.

I find it incredibly ironic and very funny that someone should ask me whether I've marked this cap as restored when there are thousands of "restored" items in collections all over the world today that sellers declared as "untouched", many of them costing huge amounts of money but no one really makes a fuss about that.

Comment

Yes, I guess that is life and sadly you are right on the other aspects aswell.

The cap is nice either way.

Mads

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X