KM Officers cap - assistance sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Officers cap - assistance sought

Could KM collectors please cast their eye over this one?

What is unusual here is the metal cockade on an officer's cap. It seems the rule is for this style of cockade to be seen only on NCO caps.

Any comments? It is assumed here that the cap itself is a 100% correct example.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Please post interior photos--a full shot of the interior, and under the hood photos.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thanks. Am seeking help about the significance of a metal cockade.

My concern at this time is to try to understand why the cap has a metal cockade, and not the usual cloth and bullion wire cockade.

Any collectors have experience of this sort of cap, with or without a metal cockade?

Comment

Not surprised to see a metal cockade on a KM OFF cap ...
            Mixed oakleaves were existing in all the branches , often in the WH , less often in LW
            and KM however .
            Nick

Comment

I'm with Nick. I would not like to see metal cockades on KM caps, also not an LW officer caps. They are not so commen on LW or Km offcier caps.

Comment

Rippled visor

Originally posted by robs View Post
                ........It is assumed here that the cap itself is a 100% correct example.
                Is the "rippled" visor bill common to KM caps ? I would also like to see other pictures like Stonemint has proposed.

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                Please post interior photos--a full shot of the interior, and under the hood photos.

Comment

Does that cockade taint the whole cap or is it an accepted variation that might be spotted and verified in period photo's? Curious on this issue, thanks.

Robt.

Comment

Sorry for delay but more pics. It is very difficult to take the top off to get a look inside, and the whole situation under the top was extremely fragile and would have been easy to damage.

I still wish to know if anyone had ever seen the combination of this style of flat metal officer cockade inside a KM bullion wreath before.

Thank you.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robt,
                            I'd say it's not that uncommon. Here's some of mine. The silver Beambte one is actually on a green background, the other 2 are blue. As you can see 2 have metal cockade (as does the metal one on the left of course). Different type of cockade though.
                            Cheers,
                            Martin
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X