"HG" Hermann Göring Division Panzer sidecap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"HG" Hermann Göring Division Panzer sidecap

Hi, I have this one for an inspection time here at home, would like to hear your opinions on it.
    I´m always critical if an item is mint...

Thanks for comments!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, but black naval cap with HG/Mechanics insignia applied. Save your money and send it back.

Comment

Interestingly enough I was thinking about this about 3 weeks ago and made some photos. Here is a blue KM cap, next to the black one with the exact same markings as yours, with original machine applied insignia. So you decide.
              Attached Files

Comment

I also put the black cap next to the blue cap to juxtapose the positions, and put a black SS board on it for color comparison also. KM black o/s cap with the W 58 marking. Your cap is KM imo.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice comparisons !

Comment

hmm, the color was the first I looked carefully on. It is black for me, also for a friend who visited me today. I will take pics, taken with bright daylight, tomorrow...

Comment

Eagle does not appear original to the cap.
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Well the two luft caps I posted are a friends. One is definitely black, the other blue. Now a friend brought up to my attention that he believe the insignia on the KM black one may be repro.

But aside from that fact, I do believe there were black as well as navy blue KM caps. I tend to believe your cap, like the one I posted is a black KM one. (like the one I posted with the repro insignia on it.)

I do not believe I have ever seen a black SS o/s cap with the W marking, if we want to go down that route.

Comment

The cap does appear to have KM-style size stamps, it is the first thing I noticed
                          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I'm with John; a poorly applied eagle. Especially noticeable in the first side view, as if it were sewn on last month.
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

thanks to all for your input!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X