Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergmutze insignia

Guys.

What would be todays value of the insignia on this cap? just the insignia, not the cap.

I cant find it anywhere loose on dealers sites nor else for sale....so i cant get an estimated value on the insignia.

Thanks for support.

//Daniel.
    Attached Files

Early T-form silver wire 'original' would be very scarce so....$200 or more ????.... tough guess to make as you just don't find them so-- probably expensive.

Robt.

Comment

Early T insignia are rare , correct , but not so "commercial" as dark green ones ...
      100-150USD would be a maximum and i won't even pay such a high price .
      It's only a T badge , not a WSS cap badge !
      Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
        Nick
        Maybe, but much, much more rare.

Comment

Early T insignia are rare , correct , but not so "commercial" as dark green ones ...
          Nick
          Yes, but this is flat wire NOT the typical. Even the typical early white on green is a tough one to find....they've dried up. Mouse grey t-forms are relatively easy and cheap.

Robt.

Comment

Nick
            Do you have any for sale? i will buy them all for 100 dollars each.

I have a hard time believing in that these should be 100-150 USD each..as this is what dealers charge for the very common grey bevo ones.

Wss badges can be found everywhere for sale, the SS and heer connection in this case means nothing.

Show me one of these for sale somewhere? thats my point....they seems to be impossible to find and its hard for me to estimate a value on that Tbadge.

//Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
              Do you have any for sale? i will buy them all for 100 dollars each.

I have a hard time believing in that these should be 100-150 USD each..as this is what dealers charge for the very common grey bevo ones.

Wss badges can be found everywhere for sale, the SS and heer connection in this case means nothing.

Show me one of these for sale somewhere? thats my point....they seems to be impossible to find and its hard for me to estimate a value on that Tbadge.

//Daniel.
              My point as well! Where are they? Any dealer, in the know, would price it according to scarcity and that's why I ballparked it at $200 for starts.

Robt.
              Last edited by RGD51; 02-09-2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I was just saying regarding the market situation ...they are rare ok but are there so many people looking for them ?
                The grey M40 ones are some around for 100USD without problem,
                but don't even sell so quickly for this price !
                And grey ones are a lot more "useful" than these early grey birds !
                Only my opinion ...
                Nick

Comment

Hello Gentlemen,
                  When the question refers to the type of insignia shown on the pictured Bergmutze, officers silver wire on early mouse gray, in my opinion extremely RARE! I have never seen one before. The enlisted version is very rare itself (white on mouse gray). I am thinking it is worth well over $200 (and a steal at that!), but probably closer to $350 if you can find one.
                  Thank you,
                  Curtiss

Comment

I would echo Curtiss s view except I have been seen it loose and on an Early Bergmutze Officer..
                    Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by nonameno View Post
                      Hello Gentlemen,
                      When the question refers to the type of insignia shown on the pictured Bergmutze, officers silver wire on early mouse gray, in my opinion extremely RARE! I have never seen one before. The enlisted version is very rare itself (white on mouse gray). I am thinking it is worth well over $200 (and a steal at that!), but probably closer to $350 if you can find one.
                      Thank you,
                      Curtiss
                      Yeah, that was my point and I'd never seen one either. My 'ballpark' guess was conservative as in.... post #2.

Robt.

Comment

Thanks guys!!

I do own the cap that started this thread, but was curious about the insignia and pricing of the cap in the future.

here is a closeup.
                        Attached Files

Comment

My we see the insides...
                          Billbert

Comment

Hello,

I echo the sentiments about the pricing of this eagle. They are rare to find in any form. They are sought after to complete the early bergmutzes lacking them. Very tough eagle to find. This guy was even a treat to find!!

Fred
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Fred Green; 02-09-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                              I would echo Curtiss s view except I have been seen it loose...
                              B. N. Singer
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X