Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer M43 Cap

Hello,
    I got this one many years ago at the TMCA show in Nashville. It reportedly came directly from the veteran's trunk. I just wanted to run it by the experts here for comments. I can't make out any markings except for the incredibly small size of 54.
    Thank you,
    Dale
    Attached Files

a
    Attached Files

Comment

b
      Attached Files

Comment

c
        Attached Files

Comment

cap

Looks to be an original Italian-made cap with the usual wooden buttons, but with replaced late-war trapezoid.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
            Looks to be an original Italian-made cap with the usual wooden buttons, but with replaced late-war trapezoid.
            Agree!!

Finding the right insignia for it will be hard..

Comment

Excuse my ignorance (I'm primarily a medal collector), but was this an Italian cap used by the Germans, or one manufactured by the Germans using Italian wool, or what? I'm not sure what insignia it should have, but I'll do a search here on the WAF to see. I appreciate your help.
              Dale

Comment

Made in Italy for the Germans. The insignia are clearly foreign-made looking, being a separate eagle embroidered on the same Italian wool and a separate cockade embroidered on the same material.

Comment

Hello,

Does anybody here have an example of this insignia? I would love to see it. Thank you.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Stepdale View Post
                    I'm not sure what insignia it should have, but I'll do a search here on the WAF to see. I appreciate your help.
                    Dale

It would look like this.

Glenn
                    Attached Files
                    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Hi Fred,
                      I did a search and think I found what they are talking about. I don't think I'm going to have an easy time finding replacement insignia! http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=italian+m43

Thanks to all for their help!
                      Dale

Comment

Glenn beat me to it!

Comment

I have seen this a couple of times on those Italian made M43's

The factory applied Italian badges have been removed and a late war embroidered trap has been hand applied to the cap.

I have never been sure what to make of it. At first glance you obliviously think, post war done and that is probably what it is.

However, is there a chance that some German soldiers/ unit did not like the sloppy Italian badges and changed them ? or the Italian maker produced some with hand applied German traps ?

Chris

Comment

Here is a similar hat eagle I picked up years ago along with other insignia.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I bet the insignia and brown nut buttons where added during the war...most buttons on these are like one pictured kind of a dark green "
                              Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X