Difference between Army Cap and Police Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between Army Cap and Police Cap

Will someone please share with me the difference between an Army overseas cap and a Police overseas cap?

To the best of your knowledge, what are these men of the Polizei Division wearing? Army pattern or Police pattern if there is a such a difference?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Another pic
    Attached Files

Comment

The Polizei division early on wore a mix of armed forces/Polizei gear...and not until 1942 did their look become more standardized with W-SS insignia and caps...
      Officers early on could have worn Heer (army pattern) field gray overseas caps and SS caps or Polizei green caps...It was a confusing period and with officers responsible for their own procurement of gear with a Kleiderkasse allowance they could have purchased and worn a mix of items from a variety of branches and personal preference...as shown in some of your images! Enlisted men apparently drew their field gray supplies from Heer stocks early on,(to include field gray shoulder straps...not black SS). The scalloped cap images (with Polizei insignia added) show this. Polizei caps were basically SS shaped but in Polizei grün...Officers often wore their standard Polizei head gear while in the Polizei Div. early on...
      Later they all wore standard field gray W-SS "shiffchen"(little boat) caps in field gray and switched from collar litzen to SS collar tabs, black backed shoulderboards, becoming more in line with other SS troops once fully integrated.
      Last edited by NickG; 12-25-2015, 11:44 PM.

Comment

So is the difference in "pattern" or in color? Is there any difference in an M34 Army cap and a Police M34 other than one is field gray and the other is police green?

Comment

The police side cap is equal shaped to SS , LW and costal artillery sidecap, exept made from it s own characteristical bluish green Polizei fabric...
          The Heer had it s own pattern with additional one ventilation hole on each side...

Comment

Are these the same?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HGCollector View Post
              Are these the same?
              No. The police division soldier on the picture is wearing a cap in fieldgrey. The cap from Oakleaf appears to be in police blue fabric (although the colour seems a bit off probably due to lighting).

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                No. The police division soldier on the picture is wearing a cap in fieldgrey. The cap from Oakleaf appears to be in police blue fabric (although the colour seems a bit off probably due to lighting).

Erik
                I agree with Erik. The cap in the photograph has the large eagle generally associated with regular Police and the Pol Div. The smaller eagle on a trapezoidal background seen on this particular cap that you show is the one generally associated with the Feuerwehr and Feuerschutzpolizei. Also, the cockade was eliminated on later police caps and the one on the pictured cap is metal and not cloth as one would expect. This cap does not fill me with confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckliger View Post
                  The police side cap is equal shaped to SS , LW and costal artillery sidecap, exept made from it s own characteristical bluish green Polizei fabric...
                  The Heer had it s own pattern with additional one ventilation hole on each side...
                  I agree with this main difference

Comment

I will pull this thread out after a year

Nick will love it:-)

I have many many pics put together on the Polizei Division soldiers

But i really cant see a orpo piped sidecap worn by EM soldiers

Does anyone have a clear photo proof?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X