M43 Einheitsfeldmutze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 Einheitsfeldmutze

Hi everyone, I have just bought this cap. It looks genuine to me but I would be grateful to have its authenticity cobfirmed. Presumably the badge has been re-sewn. Many thanks, Doug
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

more pics
      Attached Files

Comment

and more.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very Promising....Billbert

Comment

Can you take a look through the torn hole in the lining and see if there is a bias material band (tape) behind the lining ? /something you want see

Comment

Ok thanks very much for those comments. The torn hole looks like this.
              Attached Files

Comment

I like it, imo original.

Comment

Originally posted by douglas stuart View Post
                  Ok thanks very much for those comments. The torn hole looks like this.
                  not bad now please refer to the thread linked below and see if your cap has a reinforcement material inserted in folds along edges of the fold-down/side panels of the cap/ follow this path for an example of what you want to see :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=766552

Comment

I agree that the presence of the noted bias materials inside the cap is an excellent sign. This is the first time I have seen it noted on this forum. Most of the good caps have it and I wish that this feature would be remarked on even when the lining materials of questionable caps are called into question.

In regards to " reinforcement material inserted in folds along edges of the fold-down/side panels of the cap" some originals do not have it, and some fakes do have it. It is a nice feature to see, but it is one of many factors that can be used to determine the originality of a cap.
                    Last edited by brooksbz; 11-15-2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

best cap

Comment

period

Comment

A classical with resewn triangle !
                          Nick

Comment

Originally posted by brooksbz View Post

In regards to " reinforcement material inserted in folds along edges of the fold-down/side panels of the cap" some originals do not have it, and some fakes do have it. It is a nice feature to see, but it is one of many factors that can be used to determine the originality of a cap.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X