Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe EM's "Light Weight" M43? Opinions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe EM's "Light Weight" M43? Opinions please!

Greetings all!

Purchased this cap a few years ago now and would appreciate some constructive and informed info/opinions on this one. If it is OK, off to the E-Stand it goes!

The body of the cap is in very good condition with minor wear, some fading to the outer exposed areas and some dust and soiling. There is minor sweat staining around the inner edge of the cap. Obviously, visible in the images, the inner rayon lining has been cut open at some stage and the insignia replaced. The visor has been bent and shaped to give the wearer a better level of eye protection, almost certainly period done, as with many M43s, to suit the wearers requirements. I cannot make out any ink stamps or markings. I have taken images both inside and outside in natural light, with and without the flash to try and give some idea of the actual colour, condition of the nape etc.

Many thanks in anticipation !

David R
    Attached Files

More images

Images, including where the inner lining was cut to replace the insignia.
    Attached Files

Comment

Images

More images
      Attached Files

Comment

Images

as above
        Attached Files

Comment

Original cap, original trap eagle and the proper eagle for this style cap. Also it appears to be an original period applied eagle. Very well done if it has been replaced. Also I have seen the markings in this style cap to be very faded on some examples.
          John

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks gents!

Thanks for the positive feedback. I just assumed that as there is a rip to the join in the rayon lining material that it was because of replaced insignia. I suppose that if you had done such a good job replacing the insignia, that you would then bother to re-sew the lining, to complete the job?!

Comment

Hi David, I don't believe the insignia has been replaced on this cap. It looks like a factory applied eagle to me. I can't explain the damage to the front of the cap without a hands on inspection, however it doesn't always mean the cap has been tampered with.
                  Best regards,
                  John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X