al3733 on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

al3733 on Ebay

This guy makes a living selling one (bad) hat at a time on Ebay.
    He takes common repros, artificially ages them, and adds his own embellishments, such as the vented cockade and Edelweiss on this "general" visor.

He never lists the hats as being real, but he never says they are fake, either:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131623041919...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

He even manages to keep his feedback at 100%:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackAsSeller
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Recent feedback from the buyer of the "Field Bishop Visor Hat":

"Consistantly OUTSTANDING, Reliably AWESOME, No One Does It Better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

Maybe his target buyers are re-enactors?

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          He never lists the hats as being real, but he never says they are fake, either:
          True... but they are ALL still listed in the ORIGINAL ww2 German section...so he is still a scammer!

Comment

I told him that this was a reproduction visor and he said, "I'm not an expert so you may know much more about visors than I do. You may be correct. Now I'm not sure."

I then told him that he needs to enlighten potential buyers this is a reproduction by stating this in the description and he stated, "Thanks for the information and insight."

No change... def a scammer. Good news is no one has bid on the item.

Comment

Worse of all, I suspect many of these guys are known--and possibly respected--forum members. Better to spend your time getting a higher education and finding a high paying career than finance your collection by ripping your fellow collectors off. I guess some people just have no morals...something I'll never understand.

Comment

Here is his latest "visor of the week"--a "Schalkhaar" Visor :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131635817224...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                  True... but they are ALL still listed in the ORIGINAL ww2 German section...so he is still a scammer!
                  Quite so, and this is what most people look at when judging real or repro

Collectibles>Militaria>WW II (1939-45)>Original Period Items>Germany>Hats & Helmets

so, yes he's still scamming.

Comment

Looks like the same shill bidder is winning most of his hats--check out the feedback (probably from himself):

Another AMAZING Original @ Low Price & OUTSTANDING Service!!! THANKS AGAIN AL!!!

Big AL is Simply THE BEST of THE BEST of THE BEST PERIOD!!!!

Simply THE BEST!!! THANK YOU for Another AWESOME One BROTHER AL!!!!!!!

Consistantly OUTSTANDING, Reliably AWESOME, No One Does It Better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another Awesome Original @ Low Price & Fast Service from Al!!! Simply THE BEST!!
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hey Stonemint you should send the guy a message, but be gentle with him when you educate the poor sole!

But again it could be himself or a family member leaving the feedback

Lou

Comment

Well, this thread may be having an effect--the Schalkhaar visor only got one bid (probably from himself).
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

If you look at the feedback numbers on each of his over the top positive feedback comments, you will notice a trend - lots of "repeat business".

Don
                          Last edited by DonC; 10-28-2015, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Wow he sacrificed a Luftwaffe trade/specialty patch (trimmed down) to create this fabrication...

http://snyderstreasures.com/eBay/Ima...3/DSCN0044.JPG

Comment

This week's offering--a "GFP" Officer Visor:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Field-Police...IAAOSwo6lWOMBx
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X