Army General Crusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army General Crusher

Dear all, this is offered by GC: http://www.craiggottlieb.com/engine/...rman+Militaria I think it is worth to be discussed (I really want to learn from learned experience). Thanks.

$ 13,995, " a refreshingly reasonable price."
    Personally, I don't care for it.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

My 'favorite dealer'.

I'm sure it's good; it's "self authenticating".

Comment

Quite a mark-up

Here is the visor in question for sale at a local show in California in May--It's a good one but just became way more expensive!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wiki View Post
          Here is the visor in question for sale at a local show in California in May--It's a good one but just became way more expensive!
          But, but....it's at "a refreshingly reasonable price."
          I still don't like it.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

I personally believe that we shouldn't complain about dealers selling stuff with a profit... after all, they have to make a living and I think it's legit if they also earn something for having to run around at shows, investing etc...

That said, I do think, however, that it would be a much wiser business decision for this particular dealer to not add this piece to his inventory despite all of the "extremely positive reviews" by "several advanced hat collectors". In my opinion, this hat has several issues of which the most obvious would be that this super early Erel lining doesn't fit the production period of celleon piping (insignia of course could have been swopped). Then of course there is the leather bill, lining attachment (which is a real mess), wrong pasteboard, lack of overhang etc...

Kurt

Comment

Making a fair profit, even a huge profit, is OK with me, that's why someone runs a business.
              But, don't insult my intelligence with ludicrous claims of "refreshingly reasonable."

Bob Shoaf

Comment

I would not buy it, issues galore with it. J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X