Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GJ cap for opinion....

Hi to all guys

What's your opinion in this GJ cap? Have you ever seen one without air vents? Look the link....

http://therupturedduck.com/HG-24a-Ex...tze-HG-24a.htm

Originally posted by mayer View Post
    What's your opinion in this GJ cap?
    Bad fake

Comment

Originally posted by mayer View Post
      Have you ever seen one without air vents?
      They existed
      Attached Files

Comment

.......anyway interesting to know there were a kind of them without air vents, i didn't know it, thanks Patrick!

Comment

cap

You have to consider that the photo on the left is of an officer and their Bergmuetzen were privately made as opposed to issue caps which may have one or two grommets. There may be issue enlisted Bergmuetzen without any grommets but that would be uncommon in my opinion. The cap in the link provided (images too small for good viewing) looks like a reproduction to me.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
            There may be issue enlisted Bergmuetzen without any grommets but that would be uncommon in my opinion.
            They exist, I know some very early ones

Comment

They should know better than to put that for sale.Getting hard-up. Brian

Comment

I believe that a NO-grommet cap would have been the norm in 1940.

I have to agree with the others concerning the authenticity of the cap. The insignia is worth more than the cap - when you add it all up, it's worth $100-$150 with the insignia ($20 without).

-Matt

Comment

I was looking more at that inkstamp which I think tips its hand as a fake. To me the eyelet is not an issue. The way a GJ cap is constructed is important, especially the crown seam, and I don't see it on this cap. Only my 2 cents.

Robt.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                    You have to consider that the photo on the left is of an officer and their Bergmuetzen were privately made as opposed to issue caps which may have one or two grommets.
                    BTW: not all offz. Bergmützen were private purchased - apart from that, they should have silver crown piping...

Comment

before 1943 the distinction officer was the eagle silver, not silver Waffenfarbe, regards sergio

Comment

Hello Gentlemen,
                        I do not like that bergmutze for my collection. As far as the grommet discussion goes, the early issue models were without grommets until sometime in late 1938/early 1939.
                        Thank you,
                        Curtiss

Comment

What is it you don't like?

Robt.

Comment

Hi Robt,
                            There is really nothing I like about it. It does not have any characteristics of a bergmutze, outside of the edelweiss on the side.
                            It does not have steinnuss buttons, nor leather sweatband, and I am not a fan of the insignia location/application, and the whole shape of the cap itself. For a 1940 dated cap, I would expect something totally different.
                            These are just my opinions of course.
                            Thank you,
                            Curtiss

Comment

I agree on your points and didn't mean to force the issue on you because I don't like it either (per my post) but, I do prefer to see posts that give a bit of elaboration and we all benefit from a discussion when a hat like this gets foisted by a reputable dealer who, I think, has just made a mistake....?

Have Sprengpfeil GJ caps been posted?.....did he even make them?

Robt.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X