No announcement yet.

EREL Officers Tossup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think it was the example on the Guild?? Nice cap, I think it's just wear of some kind Ron.

Comment

Hi Ron,
      I too was going to reference the visor on the e-stand currently, and I have seen a similar visor years back as well. Notice too the fading on the lower band and the brighter color under the overhang on the second row of piping, indicating to me that the color has been there from the begining and is not a changed/modified waffenfarbe, but rather just the way this particular wool piping has taken to its factory dye.
      Thank you,
      Curtiss

Comment

Many thanks to all, and to Charlie for giving me permission to reference his Crusher from the E-stand.......

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

I think if you can't find any evidence of bleeding when you look at the surrounding fabric with a loop or magnifying glass, you just have an original dye that did not hold up well over the years. I have seen that with Transport Waffenfarbe on uniforms as well.

Don

Comment

All, just wanted to show what I have discovered: I bought the Erel visor posted by Ron as a restoration project. Here's what I found when I peeled back the field gray fabric from the piping:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by DonC; 06-08-2015, 06:46 PM.

Comment

The white is consistent all around the circumference of the cap, so, we have an infantry visor that has had a dye job. I see very little evidence of bleeding, probably because they tried to stay far away from the fieldgray. But, as they say, the curtain don't match the drapes. I am going to play around with this one a bit and see what I can do - the dye or marker is permanent, so if anything, it will have to be a darker color than it is now. I'll keep you posted. Charlie, I would recommend that you try the same test on your crusher - as I have said, I have seen transport (and medical) piping fade in odd ways before, but it's always nice to be sure.

Don

Comment

Add some merlot and you're on your way to having that elusive chaplain's crusher.....

Comment

I opted for cornflower blue instead... http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...13#post6969413

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X