Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Organization

Hi All,

Had showed this to a couple of notables of the headgear field in the hope of determining an ID but been unsuccessful. As such I thought I would toss it up here on the off chance someone recognizes the material & construction and put it together with a post war organization.

I had thought it was a police organization constructed between 1955 & 1960 which, after service therein, joined the Waffen SS as one of Sepp’s caps. My hope was/is to ID it and find the appropriate period badging to put it back into some semblance of reality. Gordon and Chris couldn’t pin it to a particular police organization so I toss it to the community.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rick C; 05-17-2015, 05:03 AM.

My observations: Nice saddle shape in a green with a black band, which I guessed was indicative of a post war police prior to the color changeover in the seventies. The black band is velvet and piping in gold bullion wrapped around a bamboo reed just as in the Third Reich. These features, I suspected, indicated a rank of branch Director or Polizeipräsident rather than organization.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Cap cords are well aged gold bullion twisted to the right (////) like most war time cords with what appear to be war time aluminum inserts/slides and the pebbled cap buttons are unmarked, spit pin and gilded which I guessed were likely from the previous era. Vulkan fiber visor is of a post war type.
        Attached Files

Comment

buttons
          Attached Files

Comment

There’s an interesting clip inside the unfinished pasteboard band which I hadn’t seen the like of but was told was sometimes seen in Reich era caps as well as those constructed right after the war and had some function of securing the stiffener for the peak. The use of some wartime materials and some postwar was why I had guessed a cap built in the fifties.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thoughts? ID? Can the original badging scheme be found or shall I rebadge it for the Reichskommissar Für Freudenhaus?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
                Thoughts? ID? Can the original badging scheme be found or shall I rebadge it for the Reichskommissar Für Freudenhaus?
                That's funny! St Pauli district Reichskommissar!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X