Question about HPC maker regarding different stamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about HPC maker regarding different stamps

Hi guys, while searching the forum, i have found 2 tropical caps made by Hermann Potthoff Coesfeld.
    Both caps are accepted as originals by members but i have noticed that the fonts of the stamps inside are different. Is this normal for makers of tropical caps and/or is it normal for this maker? Or is it the fact that one is a KM cap and the other a Heer one?
    Attached Files
    sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Hi Chris

Both sets of stamps are original, as are the different grommet types and for that matter there is nothing wrong with either cap itself. There may even be a different insignia application which is exceptable also, just goes to show.....

& Barca ! Barca !! Barca !!! on to Berlin

cheers
    Tim

Comment

Hi buddy, thanks for the reply.
      I know different grommets and insignia application is possible from the same maker even at the same period of time, but i wasn't sure about stamps in particular.

Basically i saw some comments on the "Hans Brandl" thread that were reffering to the different stamps as being a red flag therefore i wanted to ask if this is the case with HPC.

So do we know if a maker was possible to have 2 different stamps ? If not then it must be a case of different branch. Like here for instance HPC must have had one stamp for white ink to use on the KM caps and one to use with black ink on Heer caps.

Has anyone seen different stamps from the same maker, used in the same period of time on Heer caps?

P.s. I was planning to send you an email for the football game but didnt find the time yet

Comment

Originally posted by don_kihotis7 View Post

So do we know if a maker was possible to have 2 different stamps ? If not then it must be a case of different branch. Like here for instance HPC must have had one stamp for white ink to use on the KM caps and one to use with black ink on Heer caps.

Has anyone seen different stamps from the same maker, used in the same period of time ?
        The answer to your question is "sub-contracting" like this example. HPC was not a large manufacturer and had to sub-contract some of their entire orders or the manufacture of parts of their caps to other makers to meet the deadlines and delivery dates required.

Your WH tropical caps has probably been made by one of the other makers of WH tropical caps for HPC.

Here is such an example of a KM tropical cap where another maker has made the entire cap or a large part of it for HPC,

Chris
        Attached Files

Comment

Two makers stamps, sizes, different grommets and eagle/ cockade application.

Not typical "HPC" at all (except may-be the shape and cut of the cap itself ?),

Chris
          Attached Files

Comment

Ahh thanks for the explanation Chris.
            That didn't even cross my mind.
            So mine and yours are not typical HPC caps. The KM i posted is the one we would recognise as a typical HPC production?

Comment

Sadly the cap in posts numbers 4 & 5 is not mine. It is one another member posted on the forum asking about the double maker stamps. It is brilliant example to illustrate the challenges with caps by this maker.

Below is a KM trop. cap manufactured by HPC with their typical features. However, we have another version of their stamp. You can see more on this thread;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=HPC

Chris
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is the other version of the stamp

and the thread showing more images of the "sub-contracted cap in post numbers 4 & 5; http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=HPC

Chris
                Attached Files

Comment

And a very rare "HPC" KM sidecap;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=HPC

Note the zigzag stitch application of the cockade and the "zip & flip" zigzag stitch of the eagle. Typical HPC production footprints

Chris

Comment

Thanks for the links Chris.
                    Very interesting
                    Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X